Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Chick-fil-A

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Chick-fil-A

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 584 total)
  • Author

SusanB
    Participant

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

sweet

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

SusanB
    Participant

http://boingboing.net/2012/08/03/chick-fil-a-store-sponsors-gay.html

Anthony Piccola, owner of the Chick-fil-A franchise in Nashua, New Hampshire, announced this his shop will be a sponsor of the area’s gay pride festival next weekend. From Picolla’s statement:

“In both my personal and professional life, I have had and continue to have positive relationships with family, friends, customers and employees in the LGBT community. It would make me sad if someone felt that they were not openly welcomed into my life or restaurant based on their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender.”

pez
    Participant

SusanB said:

Was there ever a debate about Jesus’ food preferences? The folks at memgenerator.net could have done much better, like removing the added single quote after figs.

/over-analysis complete/

bman
    Participant

CbusMittFan said:
    Many cities accross this country annually spend significant amounts of money to ensure those in the LGBT community get to have their “pride” parade and pride weekends. No matter their stance on marriage, the tax payers have their money go toward the cost to close down the streets for the parades, the extra overtime for police officers and the significant cleanup cost involved.
    Following these parades, you will absolutely never, ever, see news networks, politicians, facebook pages & blogs full with “traditional marriage” advocates blasting the beliefs of those in the parade. That would be “politically incorrect”. Much less you would never see a public figure call for a boycott of the businesses that sponor the parade. Nor would you see a politician want to ban their businesses from being built in their cities. (Rahm Emanuel)
    Yesterday millions of Americans required no parade or tax payer dollars to quietly show their support of traditional marriage and a business who supports their values. They simply showed up at a private business, stood in line and made a purchase.
    Traditional American values cannot be boycotted or banned. I feel this falls election has already been decided by two things:
    “You didn’t build that” & “Boycott Chick Fil A”.
    No Republican candidate could ever energize voters more than “you didn’t build that” or “boycott Chick Fil A”.
    We will get a new president this year but cities will still have pride parades, all still paid for by taxpayers. You can’t be much more tolerant than that.

Wow … Just wow! Go back to topix please!

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

Iron-Man and Spider-Man won’t eat at Chick-Fil-A.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

cvillephil

i never heard of this place until this protest was on the news.

bman
    Participant

cvillephil said:
    i never heard of this place until this protest was on the news.

Do you live in a cave on a mountain in Montana?

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

Hmmm, just remembered that the loved one of mine who stood in line to support Chick-Fil-A? They’re divorced.

….so that means they were standing in line against themselves.

News
    Participant

Makin’ it right…

http://chickfilaconfessional.com/

;)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Makin’ it right…

;)

geoyui
    Participant

Walker said:
    Makin’ it right…

;)

that’s a pretty cool site. Apparently when you eat 118 charbroiled chicken club sandwiches, you should donate about $500, or hug a gay person.

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 584 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!