Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Chick-fil-A

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Chick-fil-A

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 584 total)
  • Author
    rus
    rus
    Participant

kit444 said:
    This thread needs the Godwin Law now.

Hmmm.

Only nazis would buy chicken sandwiches locally while walking!

Nah, doesn’t really work.

geoyui
    Participant

rus said:
    buy local.
    walkability.

Only a nazi would list walkability again.

Twixlen
    Participant

rus said:
    Like I said.

*Rolls eyes.* Yes, we should all be accepting of bigotry. That’s what makes the world a wonderful and fabulous place to live. If only we hadn’t ended that pesky segregation. Or really, allowed women to vote. Or ended slavery. Yes, bigotry is just like having an opinion.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Twixlen said:
    *Rolls eyes.* Yes, we should all be accepting of bigotry. That’s what makes the world a wonderful and fabulous place to live. If only we hadn’t ended that pesky segregation. Or really, allowed women to vote. Or ended slavery. Yes, bigotry is just like having an opinion.

Since when is listening to someone’s opinion accepting that opinion?

And yes, it is an opinion, as in “a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge”.

rus
    rus
    Participant

geoyui said:
    Only a nazi would list walkability again.

Ze goosesteps! Ze requirez ze extra walkabilitiez!

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Have you ever actually tried goose-stepping? It’s not a practical way to get around, like something from the Ministry of Silly Walks.

SusanB
    Participant

I let all the anti-gay bigots stay my FB friends so they can see all of my ridiculously pro-gay postings.

Twixlen
    Participant

rus said:
    Since when is listening to someone’s opinion accepting that opinion?

And yes, it is an opinion, as in “a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge”.

I can’t believe you’re trying to argue with me about what I can/should have on my personal facebook page. For me, who gets to be a “facebook friend” falls in with a level of acceptance. So yeah, allowing someone to revel in what I see as bigotry run amok in my private space is not going to happen. I wouldn’t allow it in my house – I see this as much the same.

rus
    rus
    Participant

alexs said:
    Have you ever actually tried goose-stepping? It’s not a practical way to get around, like something from the Ministry of Silly Walks.

And now that commies are here, the circle is complete.

Twixlen
    Participant

SusanB said:
    I let all the anti-gay bigots stay my FB friends so they can see all of my ridiculously pro-gay postings.

Yeah – I don’t unfriend… I just “hide”. Heh.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Twixlen said:
    I can’t believe you’re trying to argue with me about what I can/should have on my personal facebook page. For me, who gets to be a “facebook friend” falls in with a level of acceptance. So yeah, allowing someone to revel in what I see as bigotry run amok in my private space is not going to happen. I wouldn’t allow it in my house – I see this as much the same.

More like laughing at someone who preaches acceptance while practicing the same exclusion she derides.

If all you want to do is be around people who are just like you, feel free. At the same time, that’s doing exactly what the people you hate are doing.

Graybeak
    Participant

I posted last night:
    I will be showing my support by driving to Chik-Fil-A this Sunday, August 5th.

A few misguided souls pretty much liked it automatically. One friend posted
    “at first I was all “um…what?” and then I was all “OH…haha.””
    After that, a few of the sad people un-liked it.

People do amuse me.

cheap

i better light my pipe of love,and pass it around.

before shit gets out of hand

rus
    rus
    Participant

Twixlen said:
    Yeah – I don’t unfriend… I just “hide”. Heh.

HA! Now that’s different.

geoyui
    Participant

cheap said:
    i better light my pipe of love,and pass it around.

before shit gets out of hand

Is Cheap filling in for Walker?

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 584 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!