Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Chick-fil-A

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Chick-fil-A

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 584 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Chick-fil-A president says company opposes gay marriage
    Thursday, July 19, 2012
    By Christian Boone
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Company president Dan Cathy told a Baptist website the Atlanta-based restaurant chain is “guilty as charged” in its support of traditional marriage. “We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit,” Cathy said in article published Monday by the Baptist Press. “We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that.”

READ MORE: http://www.ajc.com/news/chick-fil-a-president-1481215.html

Neil Jaye

Not really surprising; a southern based chain that will not even open on Sundays. I would expect conservative leaning from this place. But they make damn good chicken sandwiches.

peanutnozone
    Participant

Yeah, they can do whatever they want. If they want to espouse those values, so be it. Nothing is stopping them. Free country, blah blah blah.

And I will choose to never patronize their establisments. Win win.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

The Boy Scouts of America LOVE Chick-fil-a.

Twixlen
    Participant

They play religious music in the store. They are closed on Sundays. They used to have a franchise agreement (it’s no longer online, that I can find) that specifically stated that franchisees had to be high-level members of their churches, follow the same religious beliefs as those in corporate, etc…

What surprises me is how many people seemed to be surprised by this stance. This has been well known for a while. They actively donate to groups like Focus on the Family & places that “de-gay” teens/people.

Ain’t no chicken sammich that delicious.

mrpoppinzs

Never been to one, looks like they are all located around the outerbelt.

peanutnozone
    Participant

mrpoppinzs said:
    Never been to one, looks like they are all located around the outerbelt.

Yeah, that makes it easier to boycott, amirite? lol

joev
    Participant

Their previous “Anti-Good Food” stance has kept me away.

mrpoppinzs

peanutnozone said:
    Yeah, that makes it easier to boycott, amirite? lol

Actually, that was what I was thinking…it is like giving up spinach for Lent. Regardless, I think Jesus would prefer Raising Caines.

DonnaTate

I’m just curious why the only thing people get out of their stance is an anti-gay message. Without even clicking on the full article, it’s just as obvious they’re anti-divorce… and the biblical definition of a family unit surely includes children.
    No homosexuality, no divorce, no sterility or simply choosing not to have children. Sounds to me like they’re equal opportunity discriminators.
    It’s easy enough to soak your chicken in pickle juice before grilling or breading at home.

geoyui
    Participant

Even though we don’t have any In-N-Outs here, I believe they hold the same stance.

mrpoppinzs

geoyui said:
    Even though we don’t have any In-N-Outs here, I believe they hold the same stance.

Looks like I have been boycotting them too.

It is surpring how many businesses have a religious slant when you delve more into it. My insurance agent keeps telling me how active he is in his church and how pro family values and community he is. Maybe I should ask him what he thinks of ‘the gays’?

There was some similar weirdness with Exit Trinity Realty a while ago.

It appears Walker deleted all the threads.

http://tinyurl.com/6ny5xdh

phaedrus
    Participant

Remember that Seinfeld scene when Elaine finds all of the Soup Nazi’s recipes in the armoir? Well….

http://www.food.com/recipe/chick-fil-a-chicken-and-nuggets-copycat-439307

kit444
    Participant

If a guy with long hair and a robe walked into a Chick-fil-a with his 12 male “buddies”, how would they react?

Mister Shifter
    Participant

I’ll never understand the Chick-Fil-A fascination. I’ve eaten there more than a dozen times, and never have been impressed to a high degree.

The waffle fries taste like every waffle fry I’ve had since Kindergarten, and yep… it’s chicken on a bun. I guess maybe it’s just me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 584 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE