Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Meat Bar - Formerly Chez du Bon / Fin

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining The Meat Bar – Formerly Chez du Bon / Fin

This topic contains 66 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  samtrin 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Inside 43215: Chez Du Bon T Minus 51
    By Melissa Fast | Sep 24, 2013

Yep, that’s right, downtowner Yavonne Sarber (owner of DeNovo and Manifesto) have us the latest update about the opening of Chez Du Bon. It’s geared toward the peeps already diggin’ downtown; and by the way, that number is growing. We sat down and chatted about what customers can expect, and why it’s important for Yavonne to invest downtown. Pssst, she also gave us a little scoop about something on her 2014 timeline.

READ MORE: http://www.downtowncolumbus.com/home/about-us/capital-crossroads-sid/inside-43215/inside-43215/2013/09/24/inside-43215-chez-du-bon-t-minus-51

Stewz
    Participant

This definitely sounds like a cool addition to the area. I like that there will be a fine dining area above the market as well. I noticed at the end of the article it mentioned a Jazz and Rib bar in the “Center” of it all. That leads me to believe it Yavonne may be opening the restaurant in the new apartments across the street. Very exciting.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Via FB:

Market/bistro floors done!

lattethunder
    Participant

This is place still set to open next week?

I need lunch cheese!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Sounds like they’re still on track. Regular construction updates on Facebook. From today:

Final rendering or chez awning! Going in soon….

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

I was at the gym today and noticed the awnings are finally going up!

News
    Participant

First Look: Chez du Bon Fresh Market & French Eaterie
    Published on November 14, 2013 9:20 pm
    By: Walker

The latest venture from Downtown restaurateur Yavonne Sarber (creator of de-NOVO & Manifesto) is the new Chez du Bon Fresh Market & French Eaterie, which officially opens to the public on Friday, November 15th. The new space was host to a preview party tonight that featured dinner service, a champagne bar, and a sneak peek at market items including meats, seafood, baked foods and more. Chez will function as both a market place for Downtown shoppers and residents with a beautifully decorated dining room with additional seating perched up on a mezzanine floor above.

PHOTOS: https://www.columbusunderground.com/first-look-chez-du-bon-fresh-market-french-eaterie

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Nice new photo via FB:

lattethunder
    Participant

So how many people have eaten here yet? I just tried it out for lunch today. Had a chicken and mushroom crepe and some sort of cheese filled pastry. It was decent but bland for my tastes. Has anyone tried anything else on the menu?

geoyui
    Participant

I’ve had their sugar beignets and their lobster beignets. The lobster beignets (with dipping sauce) were made fresh and pretty tasty. The sugar ones were a little stiff, like they had been sitting out a while.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Popped in this morning for coffee and a croissant to try it out. A little hard to tell it was open but Yavonne said that there’s more lights and signage arriving shortly to help showcase their breakfast/morning hours.

Coffee options are fairly limited, but a standard cup of french roast got the job done for caffeine purposes. ;) The croissant on the other hand was pretty amazing. Soft and fresh and buttery goodness. Definitely worth grabbing on your way to work. ;)

lattethunder
    Participant

I thought about checking it out for coffee this morning, but decided to wait for a day when it isn’t raining =)

Were there any specialty drinks on the menu or was it straight up coffee?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

lattethunder said:
    Were there any specialty drinks on the menu or was it straight up coffee?

Just straight up coffee, unless I overlooked something (which is likely, because I’m pretty oblivious sometimes in the early morning).

If you want a latte (which I imagine you’re a fan of?) then you can head across the street to Cup O Joe, though they had a line 15 people deep when I walked by (good for them!). ;)

News
    Participant

Restaurant Review: Chez du Bon
    Published on December 4, 2013 8:00 am
    By: Miriam Bowers Abbott

Chez du Bon is a scene-stealer. Smack dab in the middle of downtown, it boasts the signature, over-the-top design style found in all its family restaurants (Manifesto and De Novo come to mind). Houndstooth? Velvet? Glittery gold swirly things? More please, and mix them all together.

The front of the house is a formal restaurant. It’s shockingly dark and cozy, even on the brightest days outside.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/restaurant-review-chez-du-bon-ma1

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Got 5 minutes? Please take our 2019 demographic survey and tell us a bit about yourself and share your thoughts on how CU can improve!