Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Check US Out - New Experience Columbus Video

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Check US Out – New Experience Columbus Video

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

That was nicely put together.

bjones7
    Participant

AWESOME VIDEO about Columbus!! I hope everyone shares this video with their friends!!

Just out of curiosity, where besides the internet would they show this video? Would they show it on TV but break it down to 30 to 60 seconds. It’s a pretty long video.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Seeing as this video is all about raising the profile of Columbus, I’d imagine a shorter cut (30 sec?) could easily be made for airing in other markets. Probably little need to air it on TV here in Central Ohio.

Not sure if that’s what ExpCols has in mind for it or not…

All in all, it’s pretty solid. The music could stand to be a little better, but otherwise, really well done for this type of promo video.

Mike Brown
    Participant

Walker, Thanks for posting about this. Folks may have noticed that our team at Experience Columbus is stepping up its game. We’ve gone through a rebrand, new ColumbUS logo, pumped up the attitude and energy in our marketing. We want folks to see and feel the Columbus that we love in a new light. You’ll see some similar themes and energy in the 200Columbus marketing efforts.

That said, this video was created for our sales force’s work as they are pitching potential clients or bidding on conventions, trade shows, events, sports, etc. to town. It made its debut at a convention last week, and we liked the video so much we decided to release it locally to see how people reacted. Hopefully those who enjoy it will help share it broadly.

We haven’t the budget to do national broadcast advertising, so every post and share is powerful in building Columbus’ image presence. Big thanks to all those who’ve already started posting… I saw it many places on FB this morning.

Please let me know if you have questions.

mb

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

very nicely done. I’m passing it around (email) with my colleagues at OSU.

artbomb112
    Participant

I agree with Walker on the music. You should take note from Mike Beaumont on music selection. He is good at selecting that stuff.

byJody
    Participant

I am no expert, but I thought the music was pretty good. I LOVE the video, like the random guy in the sling fixing the theater sign (Ohio or Palace?) The lady gesturing in the window at Betty’s. This piece gives me a lot of hope that we are on the right track!

dubdave00
    Participant

Fantastic visuals… Jealous we don’t have some of those where I work.

I agree on the music. My problem isn’t the cheese as much as the track lacks emotion: Be it a build, a change, a drop, or all of the above.

I think we have a lot of stats, great write-ups, and talking points we should flaunt but I’d personally leave that stuff in documents or in the mouths of sales people. When it comes to commercials, less is more. There is an emotion and passion in this city that speaks for itself in the smiles of so many different people, the cheers at games, the crackle of fireworks, the sizzle of restaurants, the hustle and pace at the intersection of art and commerce, and the energy of music and nightlife.

I’ve always been tempted to do a grass roots Columbus ad… Maybe I need to get off my butt. :-)

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

The music is a bit cheesy. I thought the video was a bit too fast. I couldn’t get a fix on much of imagery because each frame went by in a second or less, each with 3 or 4 pics, therefore, I had to watch it a few times to see everything. I understand the need to get in as much as possible due to our short attention spans. That being said, I always love it when a new video of Columbus comes out.

7 out 10.

columbusmike
    Participant

Sometimes we’re pretty critical of our city. A video like this reminds us how great this place is and how far we’ve come. There’s a lot of work left to do, but for the most part this city is on the right track.

There are very few places in the United States that have the opportunity to grow into a vibrant, big city like Columbus. It’s fun to see where we take this place we call home.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

dubdave00 said:
    I’ve always been tempted to do a grass roots Columbus ad… Maybe I need to get off my butt. :-)

Hop to it! :D

columbusmike
    Participant

I could see this video running on the big TV in the terminal of Port Columbus…it would also be appropriate for the baggage claim area. That baggage claim area needs a serious overhaul….nothing says “Welcome to ColumbUS” like that dark dungeon of baggage carousels and cheesy Ohio State and Easton pictures.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE