Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Scioto Audubon Center & Metro Park - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Scioto Audubon Center & Metro Park – News & Updates

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

They’re opening this weekend, there was a kickoff today. This place is a GEM in the heart of town, go there when it’s raining to see the stormwater management techniques.

I’ll be working a table tomorrow, wearing my FOSR bling.

Here’s more information about the Grange Audubon Center http://grange.audubon.org/

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

More here in our recent interview:

New Audubon Center Nears Completion

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

We went yesterday afternoon after Urban Scrawl, and WOW!

I felt like I was in a totally different, very metropolitan city… that was still… this city.

It just feels so counter to everything Columbus has done development-wise for the last 50+ years, and in a really great way. This feels so new, like a big pressure release valve in the very heart of the city. I also love that it really raises the amenities level for German Village even higher, and feels like a real link between downtown and the west side. I also love how it gives us a glimpse into the real natural expression of the land at the heart of our city, as a reference point.

We arrived too late to see the inside of the building, but the outside looks intriguing so far. The style of architecture is interesting but also very hand-in-hand with its natural surroundings.

We walked out onto a viewing deck over the river and immediately saw a huge group of herons out in the water. We walked the trail right next to the river. Looks like a great running trail.

Will be back all the time. Soooo great. LOVE.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

The place is so new you can still see the seams between sod rolls, or in other places the grass seed hasn’t even sprouted yet. Give a year, or five years, and it will look much better.

Mercurius
    Participant

Is there a climbing wall yet?

Mercurius
    Participant

Anyone been in the last few weeks?

surber17
    Participant

I haven’t been inside, but biked around the outside ….. this place is great! Its amazing to look one way and you’d swear you were out in the country then you turn around and see downtown’s skyline. Amazing! Plus the rock climbing wall looks fun.

Mercurius
    Participant

surber17 wrote >>
    I haven’t been inside, but biked around the outside ….. this place is great! Its amazing to look one way and you’d swear you were out in the country then you turn around and see downtown’s skyline. Amazing! Plus the rock climbing wall looks fun.

More specifically is the climbing wall nearing completion or open?

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

I haven’t been there since the opening, the wall was about half-done then. It’s pretty big.

Supposedly they’re going to convert that water tower to an observation platform.

surber17
    Participant

I’ll ride down there today and see how its coming. There are a lot of little ponds all over too that have areas to look over them.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

That’s good, because:

After a 4-inch rainfall

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Editorial — Undiscovered: So far, new Downtown park appears to be unknown to many
    Sunday, June 27, 2010 02:57 AM

Scioto Audubon Metro Park is a Downtown jewel too valuable to go unappreciated. But that seems to be the case. Since its opening last summer, the 71-acre oasis where city dwellers in search of nature can enjoy a premiere stop on the migratory-bird highway hasn’t attracted big crowds.

READ MORE: http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/editorials/stories/2010/06/27/undiscovered.html?sid=101

Tenzo
    Participant

shhhhhhhhhhh

But you can see it from miles away.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION