Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Cheap event space recommendations

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Cheap event space recommendations

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

aendicott
    Participant

I am planning a bridal shower for the end of March and would love recommendations for a cheap event space. I would prefer a space where I could bring in my own food and drinks. Thanks!

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

My sister in-law did hers in the back room at Seventh Son and it turned out great. I’m pretty sure it’s easy on the wallet also.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

Have you checked with the city parks? How large is it? Whetstone Park has a shelter that you can rent. Bringing your own food really limits the available places.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

Have you checked with the city parks? How large is it? Whetstone Park has a shelter that you can rent. Bringing your own food really limits the available places to non-hotels and non-restaurants. I’m in a local social group that has really struggled with finding hotels that will allow for just a hospitality room with our own snacks and drinks.

My sister in-law did hers in the back room at Seventh Son and it turned out great. I’m pretty sure it’s easy on the wallet also.

Can you bring your own food there, though?

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Have you checked with the city parks? How large is it? Whetstone Park has a shelter that you can rent. Bringing your own food really limits the available places to non-hotels and non-restaurants. I’m in a local social group that has really struggled with finding hotels that will allow for just a hospitality room with our own snacks and drinks.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>vestanpance wrote:</div>

Can you bring your own food there, though?

yes you can. She bought food from Giant Eagle Market place’s catering department and brought it with.

Eugene_C
    Participant

If you are willing to hold the shower on a Mon through Friday between 8am and 4pm, you can rent the Highbanks nature center for free. They allow you to bring food, they even have grills. Here’s a link to the reservation:

http://www.metroparks.net/parks-and-trails/highbanks/shelters-lodges/nature-center-meeting-room/

It gets pretty full in April and May with school groups, but they should have some days left in March.

mwood
    Participant

We had our wedding rehearsal dinner in this room. The rental was affordable (~$100/hr) and Seventh Son worked with us to set up a ticket system for guests to get drinks. We coordinated with the on-site food truck (Dos Hermanos that night) for dinner, but I’m pretty sure any outside food is fine. It was a great space for our event and was a hit with out-of-town guests.

Signature Wines
    Signature Wines
    Participant

We have hosted a number of bridal showers at the winery. You are welcome to bring in your own food and non-alcoholic beverages. You can find more information about renting the winery here: http://www.signaturewinesofohio.com/Rent-the-Winery-or-Schedule-a-Wine-Tasting.html

Photos of a variety of wedding related events at the winery are here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/signaturewinesofohio/albums/72157656975697604

If you want additional information, or to schedule a time to check out the winery give me a call, 614.395.2355; or email- [email protected]

Kelly
    Owner and Winemaker
    Signature Wines

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION