Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Chase Bank to Limit Cash Withdrawls, Ban International Wire Transfers

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Chase Bank to Limit Cash Withdrawls, Ban International Wire Transfers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

RedStorm
    Participant

http://www.infowars.com/chase-bank-limits-cash-withdrawals-bans-international-wire-transfers/ (commentary from Alex Jones, so take that with a grain of…well, if you know Alex Jones, you know what I mean)

http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2013_10_17/JP-Morgan-Chase-to-limit-cash-withdrawals-bank-officials-say-0524/

“In an apparent effort to front-run official government capital controls, JP Morgan Chase has issued letters to all its business account holders notifying them that as of November, 17 the bank will limit all cash transactions (including deposits, withdrawals, and ATM usage) to $50,000 per month, and will prohibit all outgoing international bank wires.”

I’m not in the tax bracket where I’d ever be concerned about moving $50K in cash in a month, but this is terrible for small businesses. I will seriously be considering leaving Chase. Thoughts?

drew
    Participant

We just got one of these notices, and I am completely unsure of what to make of it.

May just be what I needed to motivate us to changing to a credit union.

RedStorm
    Participant

drew said:
    We just got one of these notices, and I am completely unsure of what to make of it.

May just be what I needed to motivate us to changing to a credit union.

I may be off, but to me it signals that they are running low on cash.

melikecheese
    Participant

To me this sounds much more like risk control, but I would need to understand the fine details.

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

Rockmastermike
    Participant

this seems… shady

drew
    Participant

It’s good to have a banker in the family… he told me he suspects it has something to do with things like the HSBC debacle where they were caught laundering drug cartel money. He suspects it has little to do with Chase’s cash flow, and much to do with getting on the right side of governmental regulation regarding money laundering and transfers that end up supporting terrorism related purposes (or at least trying to appear as if doing so).

It still strikes me as a case of guilty until proven innocent that, oh by the way, gives the bank a reason to involuntarily retain its customer’s capital to their detriment and the bank’s gain.

pez
    Participant

Considering there is a zero percent chance that Chase is going to get out of the business of outgoing international wire transfers, this is more than likely a ploy for them to nudge these businesses into different types of higher cost, more restrictive accounts.

myliftkk
    Participant

They qualify it by saying “certain” business customers. I doubt legit small businesses are going to get swept up in this.

P.O. Box businesses on the other hand that bring sackfuls of crumpled twenties to the bank, they might be in for a tougher time.

GCrites80s
    Participant

Poor Nigerian scammers.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!