Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Charlie Bear, Sugar Bar 2 / Red Zone and Others May Lose Liquor Licenses

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Charlie Bear, Sugar Bar 2 / Red Zone and Others May Lose Liquor Licenses

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

City Council Recommends 14 Liquor Licenses Be Revoked

Posted: Dec 16, 2013 9:59 PM EST

By: Mike Bowersock

Columbus City Council is urging the state to pull the liquor licenses of 14 Columbus bars, nightclubs, and carry outs. City Council says all of the establishments have numerous violations.

READ MORE: http://www.nbc4i.com/story/24236088/city-wants-bars-to-lose-liquor-license

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

But Sugar Bar is my favorite place to get Kurgised.

Schoolboy
    Participant

Heard the Charlie Bear complaint was more to do with unsanitary stuffs, and the Redzone one was just to get it out of downtown.

Doubt either will happen.

Some of those convenience store / drive thru types will probably get the boot. Wow did some have a list going on.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I don’t know much about either case with the nightclubs beyond what has been written about in the news, but with recent shootings at both locations, it sounds like it’s primarily a safety concern behind both Red Zone and Charlie Bear.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The Dispatch reported today that both RedZone and Charlie Bear have lost their liquor permits.

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Good. I’m sure Red Zone will convert to BYOB, but we’ll see how long Charlie Bear lasts.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I have a lot of fond memories at The Red Zone from 10-12 years ago when it was an actual dance club and they brought in international DJs on a regular basis for some big crazy amazing nights….

But that being said, the location is so prime in RiverSouth that I wouldn’t bemoan it’s loss if it were replaced with a new high rise residential building.

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Walking by the former Red Zone on South Front today, I noticed the doors have bright orange “Warning: Unsafe to occupy” stickers on them. Maybe the LC will buy up that parcel too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE