Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Charley Bear Shooting

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Charley Bear Shooting

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Graybeak
    Participant

Officer involved shooting near campus.

So, I was reading about the big officer involved shooting at the Charley Bear bar this weekend, and I don’t recall seeing any sort of incidents like this, that made the news anyway when it was located in the Campus Gateway development.

I do think it is interesting that they felt to get the “near The Ohio State University Campus” into the headline, so we didn’t think it was someplace up on 161.

It seems like incidents like this always occur in “nightclubs” in strip malls, or with large parking lots.

Is this one more reason to eliminate cars from our society? No one keeps their gun on the train while they go to the club…

bayrea
    Participant

Graybeak<
    Is this one more reason to eliminate cars from our society? No one keeps their gun on the train while they go to the club…

Wow.. that’s a stretch if I ever read one….

Graybeak
    Participant

bayrea said:

Yes. That is the “but fun also” part mentioned in the tags.

rus
    rus
    Participant

bayrea said:

Um. Yeah.

GCrites80s
    Participant

It’s cause the rent is really low in a lot of those ’60s-’90s strip malls.

kit444
    Participant

Graybeak said:
    Yes. That is the “but fun also” part mentioned in the tags.

You know it’s no laughing matter when you mention people’s cars and guns.

rus
    rus
    Participant

kit444 said:
    You know it’s no laughing matter when you mention people’s cars and guns.

Eh, too many people would seem to take that “suggestion” seriously. Admittedly, those who advocated such nonsense in the past might have just been trolling, but at least some didn’t seem to be. Poe’s law and all.

myliftkk
    Participant

Isn’t that the old MoMo^2 space? Never seemed to be anything worth arming yourself for when it was that.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION