Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Celebrities in Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Celebrities in Columbus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author

jcdoctor

Do any of you know or have seen any celebrities in Columbus. This includes sports, news, entertainment etc. I know Halle Berry is from Cleveland but I wonder if she has ever visited Columbus before as well as Lindsay Lohan? Anyone know?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

This guy was here not too long ago:

Johnny Knoxville in Columbus?

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

I’ve never personally seen a big-name celebrity in Columbus, but I hear Eric Clapton is here frequently (his wife is from here). Wikipedia has a pretty good list of famous people from here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_from_Columbus,_Ohio

buckeye54
    Participant

ChrisSunami said:
    I’ve never personally seen a big-name celebrity in Columbus, but I hear Eric Clapton is here frequently (his wife is from here). Wikipedia has a pretty good list of famous people from here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_from_Columbus,_Ohio

I believe clapton owns a house in powell. Schwarzenegger is probably the biggest name that consistently has been in columbus over the years. The arnold always bring some names like lou ferrigno(incredible hulk)and a wide variety of mma fighters. I’ve been also been told brent musberger likes to come to columbus to golf quite often although he would probably only be a celebrity for college sports fans. I’ve seen jack nicklaus and john glenn several times in passing as well as a large amount of NFL and NBA players. Generally they have ties to OSU although they have been accompanied by other players who apparently are friends of theirs.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

The dude from How I Met Your Mother is from Bexley and returns occasionally. Maggie Grace (Lost, Taken, The Following, and now Californication) is from Worthington? and has been back frequently, I even know a local photographer who got to do a shoot with her.

jcdoctor

Wow. This is pretty cool. I guess more famous people visit Columbus than I thought. I guess though some keep it low key when they are here. I know Bow Wow is from here and owns a home here when he frequently visits here too.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Oh, forgot one, Beverly D’Angelo graduated from Upper Arlington and comes back for the reunions and 4th of July Parades pretty regularly.

ricospaz
    Participant

Buster Douglas, Kijana Carter, Andy Katzenmoyer, Lance Moore, etc. many sports figures that have made it to the pros.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Damon Zex

Captain Cream Cheese

mbeaumont
    Participant

Lots of big time politicians visit here during election years. POTUS, VPOTUS seem like they’re here all the time.

Bradley Whitford (West Wing, Cabin in the Woods) spent election night here this past November.

I saw Bernie Kosar at the North Market a couple weeks ago.

cmhcow
    Participant

majel barrett (star trek actress and wife of gene roddenberry) was born here, as was phillip michael thomas from miami vice.

RedStorm
    Participant

Seth Rogen is a frequent visitor. I think he has a place in town but I’m not sure.

James
    Participant

It’s not columbus but nearby -Dave Chappelle has a farm near Yellow Springs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Chappelle

dru
    Participant

the Arnold visits us every year.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.