Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Celebrate Local Store at Easton

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping Celebrate Local Store at Easton

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

New Pop-Up Shop Helps You to Buy Locally at Easton This Holiday Season

By: Walker

It might sound a little early to already be thinking about holiday shopping, but the Economic and Community Development Institute (ECDI) is already hard at work to help connect local retailers with new customers.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/new-pop-up-shop-helps-you-to-buy-locally-at-easton-this-holiday-season

Shop Talk | Connie DeJong, Inna Kinney and Steven Fireman

Thursday November 17, 2011 7:13 AM

Among the partners at Celebrate Local, Easton Town Center (near the Apple store), are: DeJong, 38, retail operations director of the shop and executive director of Global Gallery in the Short North; Kinney, 48, CEO and founder of the Economic and Community Development Institute; and Fireman, 45, president of ECDI.

READ MORE: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/life_and_entertainment/2011/11/17/connie-dejong-inna-kinney-and-steven-fireman.html

News
    Participant

Kolache Republic Plans to Grow from Food Cart to Retail Store in 2012
    By: Walker

Our sweet kolache is currently available in the Celebrate Local store at Easton through the end of January.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/kolache-republic-plans-to-grow-from-food-cart-to-retail-store-in-2012

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Press Release:
    CELEBRATE LOCAL TO STAY AT EASTON TOWN CENTER

“Celebrate Local, Shop the best of Ohio” opened on October 1, 2011 as a seasonal store showcasing the best of Ohio-produced goods, including locally-sourced foods, spirits and artisanal handcrafted products.

Followed with immense success and the overwhelming support of the local community, Celebrate Local will continue its stay at the Easton Town Center location into the summer.

Celebrate Local was born out of Easton Farmers Market to continue the desire to support small businesses with high quality, locally produced goods from the state of Ohio. There are currently more than 170 vendors with many earning awards on both the local and national levels. More than 25 Easton Farmers Market vendors are currently represented in the non-profit store.

For more information please visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/celebratelocal or at http://www.celebratelocalohio.com.

Easton Town Center
    4030 The Strand East
    Between Kay Jewelers and C.O. Bigelow

juliana
    Participant

I was hoping this would happen! I did much of my holiday shopping there and could see coming back throughout the year. They make it so much easier to find Ohio-produced items and gifts.

leftovers

I think this would be a big hit in the Short North.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

leftovers said:
    I think this would be a big hit in the Short North.

I’m thinking it could be even better in the right location Downtown. A nice “destination” type of retal space.

leftovers

^ +1

juliana
    Participant

Actually, yes to either Downtown or the Short North. Though, confession, I was still willing to face the mess that is Easton just for this store…

bman
    Participant

Buying local isn’t an urban thing only!

leftovers

bman said:

The Easton one must be doing well. I think having two would be good, the downtown one would probably be good near the convention center to hit up visitors.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

bman said:

No one said it was.

Cbusbill
    Participant

Walker said:
    No one said it was.

Agreed. Indicated by the success of the suburban location at Easton.

I like the idea of multiple locations. There’s definitely a growing population willing to shop local. Count me in.

This is Connie, in charge of retail operations at Celebrate Local, and Director of Global Gallery, one of the Celebrate Local partners. We would LOVE to expand into a downtown location, and it has been a part of the discussion since we opened at Easton. We happen to have a pretty amazing benefit with Easton – free rent! The leadership at Easton is very forward thinking in this aspect – helping the non-profit project get off the ground through this generous partnership and donation. We would welcome a similar offer from a downtown landowner/real estate developer. In the meantime, we are developing “Celebrate Local” sections in the Global Gallery in the Short North and in Clintonville – so check out our offerings at these two locations. Want to have a Celebrate Local section in your store? Send us an email at [email protected] and we’ll see how we can help!

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Set to reopen in their new spot on Friday:
    from their facebook page:
    “BIG ANNOUNCEMENT: The Wait is Over!!! Celebrate Local will RE-OPEN the doors to our “NEW” location this FRIDAY!
    There is still work to be done and products to place on the shelves! But, please stop by and let us know what you think!
    On behalf of our CL family, thank you for your patience and overwhelming support!”

News
    Participant

First Look: Celebrate Local’s New Location
    Published on February 9, 2013 12:45 pm
    By: Anne

The Celebrate Local store at Eason Town Center officially re-opened yesterday in its new location at 3952 Townsfair Way (between Panera Bread and Restoration Hardware). The store carries Ohio-made goods from over 200 small businesses and artisans.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/first-look-celebrate-locals-new-location

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘Shopping’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE