Our City Online

Messageboard - Transportation

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Car2Go - Car Sharing Service

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Transportation Car2Go – Car Sharing Service

Viewing 13 posts - 226 through 238 (of 238 total)
  • Author

jtwill84
    Participant

A little disappointed that the airport car2go lots were completely empty… I ubered home instead, good thing there were options.

I looked into taking car2go to the airport for a recent trip, and was turned off by the $10 charge each way. It was still cheaper (and more convenient) for me to drive myself and park in the green lot.

Eugene_C
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Josh Miller wrote:</div>
    A little disappointed that the airport car2go lots were completely empty… I ubered home instead, good thing there were options.

I looked into taking car2go to the airport for a recent trip, and was turned off by the $10 charge each way. It was still cheaper (and more convenient) for me to drive myself and park in the green lot.

Depends on how long you’re parking and whether you want to leave your own car out there for a week.

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>jtwill84 wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Josh Miller wrote:</div><br>

Depends on how long you’re parking and whether you want to leave your own car out there for a week.

There’s no requirement for making it a round trip… I usually snag a ride there from friends but it’s handy to grab one upon arrival back to the city from an extended trip.

ehill27
    Participant

No cars were available at the airport when I returned home yesterday, surprising since there were at least a half dozen cars when I arrived. I used Uber instead, which turned out to be several dollars cheaper. :(

Jeffersin
    Jeffersin
    Participant

Starting today (or Tuesday) you you will no longer get free minutes for filling the car up with gas when it’s below 25% full. Car2Go employees will go around and gas them up. The dream of private, almost free transportation, is dead.

Posole
    Posole
    Participant

Starting today (or Tuesday) you you will no longer get free minutes for filling the car up with gas when it’s below 25% full. Car2Go employees will go around and gas them up. The dream of private, almost free transportation, is dead.

Let me guess: Someone got caught filling up their lawnmower can with a Car2Go gas card?

ohbr
    Participant

The dream of private, almost free transportation, is dead.

Maybe that was the issue. It was almost free for too many people.

Eugene_C
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jeffersin wrote:</div>
    The dream of private, almost free transportation, is dead.

Maybe that was the issue. It was almost free for too many people.

Since they shrunk the service area their staff probably has to spend less time moving cars around. That leaves more time for filling up cars. It could be just that simple.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

I’m just curious whether the shrunken service are has made it easier for people to find cars. I haven’t noticed much of a difference downtown but maybe it helped in other areas.

I’ll be honest, I haven’t found an opportunity to use a car now that I can no longer park one within 10 minutes of my home, and I spent a good bit on the cars, a typical trip for me was around $8-$10.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

In my corner of downtown (Gay St.), I’ve found it much easier to find cars since they shrunk the area. But good follow-up: I’d be curious to hear more answers.

Eugene_C
    Participant

Has anyone heard anything new from Car2Go? Like are they going to re-evaluate their service areas and park spots for summer 2016?

DouginCMH
    Participant

I just received an emailed survey request from them yesterday, which I just took, in which I told them I no longer use the service since I no longer live in the home area. I mean, the survey was a lot longer than that, but that was the gist of my response re: my satisfaction with their service.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

My neighborhood was cut out of the home area also and the parking spots are just far enough away (~15-20 min walk) to make it non-competitive with the bus, except for occasional cross-town trips. I’ve gone from twice per week or more to once or twice per month usage but I do still use it.

Viewing 13 posts - 226 through 238 (of 238 total)

The forum ‘Transportation’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Ring in the decade in style! Join us for an all-inclusive NYE celebration!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO