Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Cannoli's in Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Cannoli’s in Columbus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

laChewla wrote >>
    You know Italian Festival is this weekend. You could probably just swing by there before the party if you’re really in a pinch.

That’s Right! Also, the aforementioned Cleveland Corbo’s will have a cart at the festival, as they do every year, dishing out their famous cannoli. You can get either plan, or chocolate chip! You may want to call them in advance at the Cleveland store and place an order to be prepared for you to pick up at the fair. :)

laChewla
    Participant

I can’t wait for the Paisano Party!

misskitty
    Participant

I love making cannoli’s it seems tricky at first but after you get the hang of it there sooo good.
    Then you can try different things with them.

lifeliberty
    Participant

misskitty wrote >>
    I love making cannoli’s it seems tricky at first but after you get the hang of it there sooo good.

Maybe I’m missing something here, but what else can you do with a cannoli other than eat it?

misskitty
    Participant

lifeliberty wrote >>

misskitty wrote >>

Maybe I’m missing something here, but what else can you do with a cannoli other than eat it?

Oh, sorry for the confusion, I was talking about the fillings. Yea there is the regular cream or the ricotta cream. However, you can also add things like cocoa, honey, or mint. It makes for some delicious treats. I know some would consider that ruining a connoli but I think it makes it interesting.

ETA: I also think that sometime CU should have something like the pizza grandprix but with sweets.

The Wayfarer
    Participant

Somewhat unrelated, but I’ve been wanting to get a bulldog and name him Cannoli. I would love to be able to refer to a big fat bulldog as my Roly Poly Cannoli. :)

patient_zero
    Participant

If I want authentic items like Cannoli, I call my favorite local eateries if it’s not something they regularly produce. They can usually put me in touch with someone who makes the item from scratch, and do it well.

I’m not a fan of ricotta cheese, so cannoli’s aren’t something I seek out. That being said, I’ve had some that were pretty good, on the lighter side actually. The rest are just meh at the very best. A lot of the ones I’ve had are commercially produced and sold in bulk (like the GFS brand) and are pretty heavy.

I recall Basi Italia’s as being pretty good. Call a few Italian eateries and see what they recommend in the Cbus area..

lisathewaitress
    Participant

blammo wrote >>

michaelcoyote wrote >>
    I see this thread and I keep thinking.. “Cannoli’s is a dumb name for an Italian Restaurant”

+1
    I’d like to see a bar named “Apostrophe’s”
    well, not really

NO. I think it’s a brilliant idea!

michaelcoyote
    Participant

lisathewaitress wrote >>

blammo wrote >>

michaelcoyote wrote >>
    I see this thread and I keep thinking.. “Cannoli’s is a dumb name for an Italian Restaurant”

+1
    I’d like to see a bar named “Apostrophe’s”
    well, not really

NO. I think it’s a brilliant idea!

We can put it next to “Ye Olde Unnecessarye Suffixe Pub and Grille”

How about just ‘ ? After all, Cleveland has *.

blammo
    Participant

Columbusite wrote >>
    How about just ‘ ? After all, Cleveland has *.

Yeah, but some dipshit would probably think it’s called “Foot” or “Comma”.

columbusfoodie
    Participant

I haven’t found any in Columbus for retail purchase that haven’t been kinda gnarly (soggy, overly dry filling, etc), so I tried making my own. It really is a breeze, especially if you buy the shells and just fill them with your own filling right before serving them.

Here’s my recipe: http://www.columbusfoodie.com/2009/01/03/cannoli/

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: