Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Can anyone recomend a HVAC company?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Can anyone recomend a HVAC company?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

JedThorp

I had a guy from Favret come to our home after we bought to give us a quote on a new furnace/AC. He looked around, took some notes, and said he’d get back to me. That was October. I’m still waiting. Perhaps he got hit buy a bus…I shouldn’t judge.

Twixlen
    Participant

@jedThorp & Tenzo – well, that sucks! And if I’d had those problems, I never would have used them. But, my whole experience went smoothly, and now I have the Master of Destruction heat pump robot sitting in my back yard.

Lakee911
    Participant

Contractors are notoriously bad. I can’t tell you how many times that I ask for quotes for something, they come out and you just never hear from them again. I usually ask if they’re still interested after I tell them what I need and they say that they are. They should at least have the common courtesy to tell you that they are not interested and won’t be giving you a quote.

On my day job I am constantly chasing Contractors around for something or another. It’s so frusterating. I’m often asking myself if they’re stupid or just lazy.

I have a few Contractor’s that do work for me personally and that I’m very happy with. Unfortunately, I have no found an HVAC company/guy. I do a lot of the work myself, but at some point I’m going to run into a situation where I can not

VicVillage Guy
    Participant

Best guys in town.
    http://www.wengertempcontrol.com/

Great prices and reliable. I have used these guys numerous times for work and have recommended them to friends. Never a bad experience.

Pablo
    Participant

Does anyone know of a good contractor to service a boiler? My home is heated with a Hydrotherm boiler (we have radiators). The heat is great – nice and even throughout the house. I’ve kept it going but I’ve reached my confidence limit in boiler maintenance and repair.

M.O.
    Participant

Sears Heating and Cooling (not related to THE Sears). We’ve used them for over 20 years — well run by good, conscientious folks.

brothermarcus
    Participant

Well, I can definitely go against some of the advice in this thread- totally got shafted by Quality Air today… they came out and diagnosed the problem I have with my furnace for a fee (no heat since yesterday and no one could come out overnight that I contacted) and told me that they would call me back with an estimate this afternoon and that I could have the work done today. They didn’t call me back with an estimate and when I just tried to call them their office closed an hour earlier than their posted hours. So now I’m back trying to get help from any other company after hours and spending another night without heat. This sucks. I do not recommend Quality Air, thanks for leaving me cold.

SusanB
    Participant

Sent you a PM.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

We ended up having Larry Titus of Mallard Heating and Cooling (now he is Air Quality Solutions) actually replace our furnace and ac. They came out to do maintenance earlier this fall and I was happy with them.
    http://aqsohio.com/

Hope you get someone to fix it!

brothermarcus
    Participant

Cardinal Heating, noted previously in this thread, came out and did a quick and super job and I am enjoying warm air spouting from my vents. I will add that Quality Air called me at the moment Cardinal Heating was pulling in to my driveway, they started asking me all these detailed questions about my furnace- had to let them know they already lost my business and that someone else was pulling up right now to take care of my heating issue. We’ll be looking to replace our furnace soon and our 24-hour odyssey of having no heat definitely let us know which companies not to work with. Thankfully this didn’t happen in the middle of February!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Good to hear it’s back on and working again! :D

gflo
    gflo
    Participant

I always recommend http://patriotair.com. They are local, affordable and fast. Whenever my A/C acts up, they are out the same day to fix it.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: