Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Can anyone recomend a HVAC company?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Can anyone recomend a HVAC company?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

dnm

Hey all, someone helped themselves to the guts of my AC unit and I need to get it replaced. I was just wondering if anyone could recomend a local company. Also what brands are good and reliable?

Thanks in advance

dnm

We used Quality Air for fixing a leak on our furnace before we moved in. They did a good job… fairly priced… quick response time.

Home

We’re probably going to replace our heater and ac this summer or fall though, and not sure who we’ll use or what brand yet. So I’m also interested in suggestions.

just_mel

Walker wrote We used Quality Air for fixing a leak on our furnace before we moved in. They did a good job… fairly priced… quick response time.

Home

We’re probably going to replace our heater and ac this summer or fall though, and not sure who we’ll use or what brand yet. So I’m also interested in suggestions.

I’ll second Quality Air.

My furnace died within a week of moving into my house. (Fortunately it was covered under the home warranty.) Quality Air was great. They brought me a portable heater to borrow for the night, and then came back to fix it the next day. They also rotated the direction of the furnace to be better accessed in the future. My 100 year old house had the furnace opening in a very tight spot. Whomever installed the furnace 20 years before that hadn’t bothered to do that.

The furnace is only 4 years old but has held up perfectly since installation.

HeySquare
    Participant

I’ve been using Cardinal. It’s a one man operation. He’s been super… figured out why my heater cut out in the middle of last winter, quickly and cheaply fixed the problem, and gave me lots of solid advice on how to keep the problem from recurring.

CDS sherman

starner heating and cooling. talk to jim junior.

CDS sherman

Walker wrote

rheem,trane are good brands

tempstar,bryant suck ass.

dnm

Ive heard good things about rheem, carrier and trane. Im still waiting on my adjuster to call me back and let me know how much I get towards the new one!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hetter!!!!

Honest reliable and reasonably priced with quality products.

roy
    Participant

Oh, man, the scrap metal thieves got you? You probably already did for insurance, but please report it. They’re implementing the new scrap metal reporting requirements and it’s really crucial they get all the facts.

I am so sorry this happened.

CDS sherman

i call em shit farmers :x

dnm

Yeah, I was really pissed. I did report it, the cop said its happening alot, all over town, so I guess it was just my luck. I just think its INSANE someone would risk there neck for 30$ in copper

But $30= 20 40 Oz.s right?

Oh well :twisted:

just_mel wrote >>

Walker wrote We used Quality Air for fixing a leak on our furnace before we moved in. They did a good job… fairly priced… quick response time.http://www.qualityairandheat.comWe’re probably going to replace our heater and ac this summer or fall though, and not sure who we’ll use or what brand yet. So I’m also interested in suggestions.

I’ll second Quality Air. My furnace died within a week of moving into my house. (Fortunately it was covered under the home warranty.) Quality Air was great. They brought me a portable heater to borrow for the night, and then came back to fix it the next day. They also rotated the direction of the furnace to be better accessed in the future. My 100 year old house had the furnace opening in a very tight spot. Whomever installed the furnace 20 years before that hadn’t bothered to do that. The furnace is only 4 years old but has held up perfectly since installation.

I had them come out after reading this thread and they were great. +1!

Bard[/url] is based in Bryan, OH. They employ many Ohioans and treat them very well.

Twixlen
    Participant

Hey there – I had my whole system replaced this fall by Favret. My A/C hadn’t worked all summer, and my furnace had a couple of biiiig cracks in the heat exchanger. It was a pretty big job (weirdness with the exhaust/chimney), and after looking at a couple different options, I ended up doing the whole efficiency ball of wax, so I could take advantage of the $1500 credit. I was really pleased with the work they did, the way they did it and goodness knows, my house has never been as comfy as it is now.

They are local, but bigger; they only use employees, not contractors. A couple of the installers had been with the company for 5+ years, and the sales guy was with them for 15+ – which I thought spoke highly of the company, and was unusual for such a business.

Tenzo
    Participant

Twixlen wrote >>
    Hey there – I had my whole system replaced this fall by Favret. My .

I’ve found them hit and miss
    Had to have them return after their ‘maintenance’ work was done very poorly.

I also wanted them to recomend a new unit when I first moved in and they rescheduled me and then later just didn’t show up.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: