Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Campus standby Larry's is NOT closed

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Campus standby Larry’s is NOT closed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

I want to apologize for starting this rumor about Larry’s Bar seemingly going out of business.

I made the assumption the bar was closed when I discovered their number disconnected and then stopped by Sunday night to find their lights off, several door windows broken and papers scattered on the ground inside; I popped in the Chinese restaurant next door during the week and one of the employees said they believed Larry’s closed recently.

This, apparently, is not the case. I apologize for the mix-up and I am sorry to hear that my misconception was echoed to Greater Columbus. Larry’s is one of my favorite Campus bars so I am glad to hear it’s still kicking. I would love to write about the bar for an upcoming 5 O’Clock Somewhere article.

Hael

Bryan Bullock wrote

I discovered their number disconnected

stopped by Sunday night to find their lights off, several door windows broken and papers scattered on the ground inside

I popped in the Chinese restaurant next door during the week and one of the employees said they believed Larry’s closed recently.

Seems like a reasonable assumption anyone would have made.

Tigertree

Walker wrote

The City Limits Blog wrote Campus standby Larry’s appears closed

Posted by John Ross on October 27, 2008

Got some bad news from Alive bar reviewer Bryan Bullock: Windows at Larry’s Bar are boarded up, and the phone number to the establishment open since the 1920s has been disconnected.

Bullock was trying to write about the longtime Campus favorite, 2040 N. High St., in this week’s 5 O’Clock Somewhere column. The website, which is rarely updated, had no word of the bar closing.

READ MORE

“It looks like he’s dead”

“You talked to him last Michael, what did he say”

“He said some wonderful things”

“It just looks like he’s dead, he’s covered in blue paint or something”

“You son of a bitch”

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: