Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Campus standby Larry's is NOT closed

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Campus standby Larry’s is NOT closed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The City Limits Blog wrote Campus standby Larry’s appears closed

Posted by John Ross on October 27, 2008

Got some bad news from Alive bar reviewer Bryan Bullock: Windows at Larry’s Bar are boarded up, and the phone number to the establishment open since the 1920s has been disconnected.

Bullock was trying to write about the longtime Campus favorite, 2040 N. High St., in this week’s 5 O’Clock Somewhere column. The website, which is rarely updated, had no word of the bar closing.

READ MORE

swan
    Participant

i’m pretty sure my friends were there on Saturday…

Cookie

Also, what windows?

dat Hemroid
    dat Hemroid
    Participant

NO! I was just there Saturday night watching the game…I hope its not the last. The bartender did mention to me financial problems, but this truly is a shock. :cry:

Cyclist

Larry’s always looks closed. Maybe this is an attempt to keep certain crowds away like when Larry’s was a “gay bar”

My grandpa used to go to Larry’s in the 40’s.

chaptal
    Participant

Has anyone from campus been there to confirm or deny this? This would be quite a blow. They had a long standing Monday night open mic.

chaptal wrote Has anyone from campus been there to confirm or deny this? This would be quite a blow. They had a long standing Monday night open mic.

I biked by today and didn’t notice anything…but then again, I wasn’t looking. At all. (I realize I’m no help ;-) )

John Ross

I agree that the bar always looks closed, but they’ve always had a working phone number.

I’m glad that people were there Saturday. That’s very good news.

I have a call into the poetry group that runs the Monday night reading. They should be able to clear things up.

Cookie

Not closed when I walked by half an hour ago.

Mercurius
    Participant

Cookie wrote Not closed when I walked by half an hour ago.

Thank God! I submit this thread for deletion

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Mercurius wrote

Thanks for the investigation, Cookie. Perhaps you should work at The Alive. ;)

Merc, I moved this thread to general discussion and renamed it.

roy
    Participant

Dumbest thread ever.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

roy wrote Dumbest thread ever.

now you’re just being silly, Enzo hasn’t even posted in it yet.

Cyclist

Coremodels wrote

roy wrote Dumbest thread ever.

now you’re just being silly, Enzo hasn’t even posted in it yet.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

John Ross

Mercurius wrote

I agree. Glad to hear it’s open. Wish they had a phone. We’d love to write about them again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: