Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Campus Partners Seeks Developer Input on New Projects

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Campus Partners Seeks Developer Input on New Projects

This topic contains 25 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

does zone three look like it includes Bernies? That would be a strange passing, not that I would ever go in there again, but I do have some very fond?/hazy memories of it from the 80’s/90’s.

it also looks like the Bier Stube is a gonner.

Pablo
    Participant

lazyfish wrote >>
    does zone three look like it includes Bernies? That would be a strange passing, not that I would ever go in there again, but I do have some very fond?/hazy memories of it from the 80’s/90’s.
    it also looks like the Bier Stube is a gonner.

And yet the 7-11 and Taco Bell stay..

cbuster

Bier Stube is south of ninth, so it’s safe. I also think the Bernie’s building is safe – it’s the Charlie’s/Neighborhood Design Center buildings that are in Zone 3.

Antonio

Walker wrote >>
    Gateway’s developer solicits proposals to build on 5 nearby sites
    Sunday, February 27, 2011
    BY MARLA MATZER ROSE
    THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH
    The South Campus Gateway development has had some success, but Doug Aschenbach knows it’s still a work in progress. Gateway opened in 2005 and features 184 apartments, an independent movie theater, a dozen modestly priced restaurants/bars and about 10 mostly student-oriented stores, including the Barnes & Noble-run Ohio State University bookstore.
    READ MORE: http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/business/stories/2011/02/27/gateways-developer-solicits-proposals-to-build-on-5-nearby-sites.html?sid=101

Disappointed more people aren’t coming from Clintonville and Grandview to the Gateway?

What in the world would have led them to believe that was even possible to begin with ?

LOL

jimbach
    Participant

Last time I was at the Gateway was last Thursday, where I saw a movie with a couple of friends, one who lives in Clintonville, the other, in Grandview.

berdawn

The 4pm showing of “The Illusionist” was packed yesterday. I doubt all those old people live nearby, but I guess it is possible.

Pablo
    Participant

I visit shops at Gateway and I live in Clintonville (and work in Grandview). I used to go a lot more when the Sunflower store was there.

anillo
    Participant

Aschenbach said one great strength of his Campus Partners, founded by Ohio State in 1995, is the ability to be patient. The group has no specific blueprint in mind for the five parcels for which it’s seeking proposals, he said, and it might even issue a second call for proposals if it decides to refine its parameters based on initial responses.

“If we get a great idea that just clicks, we may go ahead. But we’d rather make sure we get it right rather than rushing it,” Aschenbach said.

Glad to hear they’re not going to rush anything, the longer they think about it the better it will probably be (and if they economy has improved by then, that’s even better)

News
    Participant

High Street development in plans as Ohio State divvies parking windfall
    Business First by Carrie Ghose, Staff reporter
    Date: Monday, November 5, 2012, 4:30pm EST

Ohio State University’s big-dollar parking deal could help finance an expansion to the Wexner Center for the Arts and, in an expansion of campus boundaries, new performance and gallery spaces on the east side of High Street, says a proposal going before university trustees Friday.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2012/11/05/high-street-development-in-plans-as.html

wpcc88
    Participant

I’m not usually a person that demands retail/office space or apartments with every development like a lot of people do on here.. but I really hope that if it is turned into parking that there is retail on the first floor

News
    Participant

Campus Partners chief Aschenbach leaving as Ohio State brings operations in-house
    Feb 22, 2013, 2:17pm EST
    Brian R. Ball
    Staff reporter-Business First

Doug Aschenbach, president of Ohio State University’s Campus Partners for Community Urban Redevelopment affiliate, plans to step down in June as the school reorganizes its real estate operations. The change in leadership comes as Ohio State brings its real estate-related operations more closely under the management of Keith Myers, who became associate vice president of Ohio State’s real estate operations in late 2011.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2013/02/22/campus-partners-chief-aschenbach.html

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: