Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Cafe Napolitana / Alley Bar

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Cafe Napolitana / Alley Bar

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Via Facebook:

We are now open for Happy Hour
    Mon – Friday 4-6pm
    1/2 price apps
    bottles $2.50
    drafts $3.75
    pitchers $12.50

HOURS:
    Monday-Tuesday 11 AM – 6 PM
    Wednesday- Friday 11 AM – 7 PM
    Saturday – 11 AM – 5 PM
    Sunday – Closed

mrpoppinzs

Got excited from the title then disappointed when ‘late’ is 6 or 7pm. Maybe ‘later’ is more appropriate. It is still nice they are open after 5, but I would love to see more late night places downtown.

JGumbos
    Participant

We’re glad to see another business expanding their hours! The continued growth of the area will encourage the many small businesses to expand their hours. The addition of beer/wine/liquor will also help in the competing non-lunch hours. Congrats, Cafe Napolitano! We recently expanded our hours to 8pm, Monday through Saturday and hope that business and sales will allow us to keep these hours.

NerosNeptune
    Participant

Love this place and I was excited to see the thread title.. but I thought they were already open till 6 for some reason. Oh well, along with J Gumbo’s maybe its a sign of more to come

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I think they may have been open to 6 previously, but the beer license is brand new. ;)

Patch
    Participant

They have the best white pizza in town!

Soooo good!

patient_zero
    Participant

They need to update the hours on their website, and include a beer list. Any idea what they have on tap and in the bottle?

Patch
    Participant

patient_zero said:
    They need to update the hours on their website, and include a beer list. Any idea what they have on tap and in the bottle?

From their twitter:

Currently on draft: shock top, 312, bud light, Yuengling, And IPA.

tolemac5050
    Participant

CORRECTION in today’s Dispatch:

11 am – 8 pm Monday, 11 am – 9 pm Tuesday, 11 am- 10 pm Wednesday through Saturday. CLOSED between 3 – 4 pm weekdays

leftovers

tolemac5050 said:

11 am – 8 pm Monday, 11 am – 9 pm Tuesday, 11 am- 10 pm Wednesday through Saturday. CLOSED between 3 – 4 pm weekdays

those are nice hours!

What great news: Now we can enjoy the most authentic NY style pizza late! Cafe Napolitana is simply great pizza. Way to go in making downtown even better.

NerosNeptune
    Participant

now *those* look like expanded hours. glad to see it!

patient_zero
    Participant

tolemac5050 said:

Thanks for the expanded hour update, tolemac5050! I look forward to visiting them after work for pizza and beer.

Speaking of beer, thanks for the draft list @Patch. I was crossing my fingers for Peroni or Moretti on tap, something from Italy that paid homage to their country of origin, a history proud enough to post on their website. Perhaps in the coming months?
    http://www.cafenapolitana.com/about-us/

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Cafe Napolitana Celebrates 20 Years, Adds Full-Service Bar
    Published on June 7, 2012
    By: Walker

For the office crowd that works near Broad & High, Cafe Napolitana is a familiar lunchtime destination when you’re in the mood for pizza by the slice. The restaurant originally opened their in 1992 with eventual plans to become a full-service late night restaurant and neighborhood bar. It took a little longer than expected, but owners Palmo and Deanne Aracri are finally making the conversion after twenty years in business.

We spoke recently with Palmo to find out more about the later hours, the new bar and why their business is changing after operating for two whole decades. Read on for our full interview:

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/cafe-napolitana-celebrates-20-years-adds-full-service-bar

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

New back patio for Alley Bar is looking good! ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE