Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Cafe Lola @ Broad and High news?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Cafe Lola @ Broad and High news?

This topic contains 23 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  heresthecasey 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Brewmaster

Don’t worry dirtgirl…Columbusite hunts for the negative in every positive.

Columbusite

Walker wrote

Columbusite wrote It’ll work, except for places where there’s only one sticker which would only serve as a reminder for why they don’t stay open later Downtown.

Rule of thumb… when one person speaks up it means there are at least a dozen others who feel the same way that aren’t speaking up.

As long as it says that on the sticker, we’re good to go. Although I have to give props to places that already stay open late/one weekends like Tip Top (both), El Arepazo (both), Little Palace (both), Warehouse Cafe (Sat.), and Queen Bee (Sat.)

dirtgirl
    Participant

FYI, not that it’s particularly good, but i just read today on the Right Now Downtown newsletter that Cafe Napolitano is extending their hours to 8pm Weds-Sat. Hopefully it’ll catch on.

honavery

Went here today and got the Chicken Philly. Pretty decent and reasonably priced. Good bread especially I thought. They had a large selection of items too. My friend got the spicy chicken quesedilla (which was also massive). I’ll def. be back.

FYI, not that it’s particularly good, but i just read today on the Right Now Downtown newsletter that Cafe Napolitano is extending their hours to 8pm Weds-Sat. Hopefully it’ll catch on.

Really? I like this place a lot, and was pretty excited to see their extended hours. Probably going to pick one up this Saturday to eat for dinner.

captain janks
    Participant

i used to work at cafe iliana. good shit.

laChewla
    Participant

Walker wrote

Hooray for Roland! A true Columbusian! :D

Holy crap!

Someone else uses that term?!!?

When I was in Russia, a friend and myself decided that was the best way to explain who we were… the Colombusians.

Or… Colomboozian since our city is so fond of its drinks.

laChewla
    Participant

Also – I am all for the post it note idea.

I have thought about using such a method when I illegally park my bike, “Sorry – all you offered was this tree.”

But the later hours post-it could catch on like wild fire.

Is this going to be a do-it-yourself rebel movement… cause I am IN.

HighLife
    Participant

Does anyone know what’s up with Cafe Lola’s new format? I stopped in the other day (as I do about once a week; this is one of my usual lunch spots) and it was totally different. Looked like maybe they had taken their Streetfare concept and replicated it at Lola…? I have to admit I left somewhat disappointed and without ordering anything, because I don’t really care for the Streetfare stuff, and the menu was too small to read from the back of the line to see if they still had my favorite quesadilla. It always seemed to be an extremely popular place; I wonder why they changed it. Anyone know what’s up?

heresthecasey
    Participant

It looks like Cafe Lola has reopened on the opposite corner of Broad and High, in the old Starbucks location in the One Columbus building.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Join us for the Beer & Pretzel Pairing Party on November 3rd featuring Combustion Brewing & Happy Little Treats!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO