Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Cafe Bella on High

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Cafe Bella on High

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

always good time – BYOB

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Oh, wow. Nice!

Cookie

Have they expanded into the space next door? It’s full of tables and chairs, and there’s quite a little salad garden growing in the window.

somertimeoh
    Participant

Yes, you can reserve that space for parties.

Anyone up for Wednesday?

patient_zero
    Participant

somertimeoh wrote >>
    Did you know that Cafe Bella is now open 24 hours on Thursday, Friday, & Saturday nights?

That’s my kind of late night dining! I have to go through the motions of posting this so I don’t forget. That’s really great news.

@Kbear – I’d join you, but I’m aiming for that Mexican buffet by somer (Los Jalapeños) at lunchtime, so no more food for me that night.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Anne and Brent both noticed that Cafe Bella appears to be closed. Their website and FB page both are untouched.

Can anyone confirm?

Eugene_C
    Participant

Anne and Brent both noticed that Cafe Bella appears to be closed. Their website and FB page both are untouched.

Can anyone confirm?

If they are closed then it’s a great loss, but I also freely admit that I have not been there in a few years, so I am complicit in their decline. There were simply too many other great choices that seemed to pop to mind first.

Aaron Marshall
    Participant

Vince (the owner) and his long-time lady, Emily, just got married last weekend.

I’m thinking they are a honeymooning somewhere right now and shut things down for a minute…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Vince (the owner) and his long-time lady, Emily, just got married last weekend.

I’m thinking they are a honeymooning somewhere right now and shut things down for a minute…

Hope that’s true. Anne said that their neon sign was taken down when she went by on Saturday.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Update: I just called and it went to a VM with their hours (normally closed Mondays anyway). So that’s a good sign that it’s not disconnected.

emdog1976
    Participant

Hello all!

This is Emily, Vincent Withers’s wife and co-owner of Cafe Bella. Unfortunately, we had to close our doors for the last time yesterday and will not open again for service. We wanted to reach out and thank all of our long time supporters and neighborhood friends that have been there for the past 20 years. It has been a wild ride!

Thank you to Columbus Underground too for all that you do. Without some of the info and posts on this site, small businesses like ours wouldn’t make it as long as they do.

May Bella’s spirit live on in Old North Columbus!!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE