Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Cafe Bella on High

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Cafe Bella on High

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

zp945
    Participant

Since there is some major construction happening on High Street right now, I thought I should give this place a mention. Everytime I drive by and see the road completely torn up I hope this place survives. The interior is on the small side but the patio and food are well worth a trip. The don’t really have a menu or at least it’s a small menu. They feature daily specials based on what the owners think is fresh and good that day. Super friendly people who welcome you as soon as you enter. Make sure you head to Cafe Bella and sit on the patio to enjoy some excellent food before the Ohio winter hits (don’t worry the patio is out back, so you won’t have to look at road construction).

somertimeoh
    Participant

These are my friends, Emily and Vince. I’ve been trying to get a Sunday brunch together for awhile, but everyone is so busy. It’s time for me to get this done. Who would be in for the 14th?

Family style with multiple courses

$20 / person, cash only

BYOB – we could do champagne and vodka (Emily makes THE BEST bloody mary’s!!!)

HeySquare
    Participant

somertimeoh wrote These are my friends, Emily and Vince. I’ve been trying to get a Sunday brunch together for awhile, but everyone is so busy. It’s time for me to get this done. Who would be in for the 14th?

$20 / person, cash only

I could do brunch that day. Where is this place?

John Ross

Alive staff backs Bella. This place rules and looks to be doing just fine — even with construction.

Cyclist

HeySquare wrote

somertimeoh wrote These are my friends, Emily and Vince. I’ve been trying to get a Sunday brunch together for awhile, but everyone is so busy. It’s time for me to get this done. Who would be in for the 14th?

$20 / person, cash only

I could do brunch that day. Where is this place?

Yeah, I like it the time I was there before on the patio.

Its in AwesomeTown next to Ace Hardware between Hudson and Duncan on the west side of High St.

littlefish

Is Cafe Bella under new ownership?

shmack

somer, please do organize! i am definitely in. not sure what is going down on the 14th, but let’s do this before it gets too cold to sit on the patio!

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Oh lordy…will have to check my calendar when I can find it to see what’s going on for the 14th…feel like that was a real busy weekend, but I bet I can squeeze in chow time.

somertimeoh
    Participant

Well then, let’s do it. I’ll send out a facebook event invite as soon as I find out when Emily will need the plate count. PM me if you’re interested, but not a facebooker and I’ll get you on the list.

One thing, they are a small joint and only buy what they need (a la BonoTOGO) so please make sure if you say you’re coming you come so they don’t have a lot of food go to waste!!

This will be fun! Mmmmmm, Bloody Mary’s, yes! :lol:

Ryan Morgan

Cafe Bella ROCKS.

(Just went for the first time. Can’t wait to go back.)

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

littlefish wrote Is Cafe Bella under new ownership?

is crazy Carlo gone? I always thought the place was a front. I’ll check it out if Carlo is AWOL.

Ryan Morgan

lazyfish wrote

littlefish wrote Is Cafe Bella under new ownership?

is crazy Carlo gone? I always thought the place was a front. I’ll check it out if Carlo is AWOL.

How long ago was crazy Carlo there — presumably he was the previous owner?

Can’t remember the exact time frame, but I want to say the current owner, Vince, said he’s owned the joint for about a year or so now?

Could be wrong, I don’t know; I was having a hard time paying attention to anything but my chicken parm.

somertimeoh
    Participant

Yes, Vince bought the place from Carlo. Coming up on 2 years I think, but maybe not, I just know it’s been 2 summers. Anyway, Carlo was a very nice man, but since he is no longer the owner you now have no excuse to check it out.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

I want brunch again here very soon…complete with the half dozen bloody marys I consumed last time. That was damn tasty.

somertimeoh
    Participant

From Facebook:

Did you know that Cafe Bella is now open 24 hours on Thursday, Friday, & Saturday nights? Come hit the Bella for some after hours deliciousness!

YAY!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE