Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Pearl

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining The Pearl

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

ToddAnders wrote >>
    Kent couldn’t make the rent which is why they got the boot.
    Bring back operators who can pull it all together!

i think it was the wood company raising the rent and that prompted kent to close. i think business may have been doing ok at the time but not great. the rumors i heard is that it was a real pissing match.

I agree bring back K2U – we just loved that place. Fresno and K2U were our favorite restuarants when we lived on Dennison – brings back good memories too. Another article in yesterday’s CD on the parking situation in the SN again…maybe I’m not the only person that notices all the reserved meters and permit only signs. 10 years ago there was K2U, Lemongrass and Union Station in this block – period. Now there is Hyde Park, the Asian joint, Eleven, Marcellas, Mo Jo, Bernards, yada, yada. However, I do hope this is not true Bro! Burgundy room is something different than typical Cameron Mitchell commercial chain fare…

berdawn

Chris Sherman wrote >>
    bring back K2U.

+1000
    I’ve had some good happy hours since, but man, they were the best.

chrisspinato
    Participant

Just got word from friends who worked there that evidently they were informed via voicemail that they are all out of work effective immediately, and that BR will be closing, in one regard or the other.

I’ll keep my ear to the ground for more.

Sad news, I was always a huge fan of this place, and despite some problems, I say without equivocation, no place in town had a better selection.

zp945
    Participant

That is very sad news. I hope all the employees can find other employment quickly. I’m surprised they were not able to sell the business. From what I heard, it didn’t sound as if the sales were so low that it couldn’t have been turned around with a few changes.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Any more official word?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

tourist19
    Participant

I am very sad to hear this as it used to be one of my favorite places in town. I am sad to say it was no longer on that list because the last few times I went in the food was mediocre at best. I had hoped they could turn it around, but unfortunately that didn’t happen. I do wish the best to the employees, the servers were always lovely.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

This really sucks!
    They always done a good Shrimp & Grits, they used to also do these Scallops with bacon and collard greens that were pretty amazing.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Cookie

Awww, everybody take Snarf seriously. He means it this time.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

CheeseFoodie
    Participant

That’s a serious bummer for all the great folks that worked there:(

Campbell
    Blocked

Wow, this is sad news indeed. Had no idea they were in any kind of trouble, BR was always a solid place I loved to go for drinks and great small plates. *sigh*

robotatomica
    Participant

This is terrible! There’s no place like the Burgundy Room, and I have some seriously amazing memories there :(

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 117 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: