Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Pearl

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining The Pearl

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Just overheard some people talking about Burgundy Room possibly closing?

This would be unwelcome news if true. Hopefully someone can dismiss this scuttlebutt.

mbeaumont
    Participant

From what I’ve heard Cameron Mitchell is buying it and changing the name/concept.

Andrew Hall

mbeaumont wrote >>
    From what I’ve heard Cameron Mitchell is buying it and changing the name/concept.

Last I heard, that deal fell through.

A.

drew
    Participant

Andrew Hall wrote >>

mbeaumont wrote >>

Last I heard, that deal fell through.
    A.

Heard the same. Not sure where that leaves things.

ToddAnders
    Blocked

That deal was dead before it started. He was even surprised he was supposed to be buying it. Unfortunately, rumors start and run quickly; this one had zero merit.

I have no idea if they are talking about closing or not. I will say this though; at the end of the year, a lot of business owners look at the numbers and see if it’s worth going into a new year. With liquor license renewal due for the next year, I’m sure a lot of people are making sure they want to move forward.

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

I sincerely hope they remain open, they have the best beef carpaccio in town and is one of my top go to bars for girl’s night.

DavidF
    Participant

Sounds like I need to use my gift certificate soon. I’ve always liked the Burgundy room. I hope this just turns out to be a rumour.

mbeaumont
    Participant

Agreed, I’d love to see them stay open. I’ve always liked BR, especially in the winter with their big fireplace. :)

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

mrsgeedeck wrote >>
    I sincerely hope they remain open, they have the best beef carpaccio in town and is one of my top go to bars for girl’s night.

much like a fruit roll up, i want to mash up the carpaccio and put it all in my mouth at once, it’s that good.

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Snarf wrote >>

mrsgeedeck wrote >>

much like a fruit roll up, i want to mash up the carpaccio and put it all in my mouth at once, it’s that good.

Beef rollup?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Think I’m onto something?

I wish I had a slicer at home. I’d rarely use it, but would be so awesome to have. They’re expensive!

gocubsgo
    Participant

I stopped in about a month ago to have a few drinks and a girl I was with started chatting up our server about the rumor. She said that they’d at least be open until the new year and then would potentially be closing. I hate seeing another Short North business go under, especially a place like Burgundy Room. I’d rather have a sole owner in that space, rather than another Cameron Mitchell restaurant……nothing against CM.

robotatomica
    Participant

Oh, this would break my heart. This is my favorite restaurant in town, hands down!

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

bring back K2U.

ToddAnders
    Blocked

Kent couldn’t make the rent which is why they got the boot.

Bring back operators who can pull it all together!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 117 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: