Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Grill & Grilled Mediterranean fast food replaces Burgers Dogs & Fries

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Grill & Grilled Mediterranean fast food replaces Burgers Dogs & Fries

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author

zp945
    Participant

Stephen43215 said:
    I happen to glance over today and noticed a temporary sign hanging above the restaurant that said “Grill & Grill” Could be wrong.

It does say that…

I respect the team behind all these concepts. They are hard working restaurant veterans but that is a bizarre name.

mbeaumont
    Participant

Grill and Grill? Good grief…

buckette13

Odd, I have heard of places called ‘Gill (fish) & Grill’ but never Grill & Grill. Could it be a typo?

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

Probably another place only catering to the lunch crowd Monday through Friday 11-3

News
    Participant

Grill & Grilled Now Open Downtown
    Published on March 21, 2013 9:50 am
    By: Ayana Wilson

The former location of Burger, Dogs, and Fries at 20 N. High Street didn’t sit empty for long when the brand suddenly closed earlier this year. Fatih Gunal, owner of the several Cafe Istanbul restaurants around town, snatched the opportunity to open Grill & Grilled, a make-your-own, Mediterranean fast food joint, similar to his Pera Fresh Istanbul Food concept in the University District.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/grill-grilled-now-open-downtown-aw1

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Stephen43215 said:
    Probably another place only catering to the lunch crowd Monday through Friday 11-3

I’m happy that you’re wrong! ;) From the article linked above:

Grill & Grilled is open from 10:30am-10:30pm Monday through Friday, and 11am-11pm on Saturdays.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Anne & I stopped in today to try this place out for lunch. I had a lavash (wrap) with chicken gyro and a handful of your expected toppings (cucumbers, tomatoes, cheese, tzatziki, onion). All in all, pretty tasty, and cheap too. The quick chipotle-style service makes it pretty fast as well.

Happy to see that they stay open until 11pm on Saturday. Could be a good option for those venturing down for the Moonlight Market. ;)

geoyui
    Participant

Walker said:
    Grill & Grilled is open from 10:30am-10:30pm Monday through Friday, and 11am-11pm on Saturdays.

late hours, woohoo!

derm
    derm
    Participant

Walker said:
    Anne & I stopped in today to try this place out for lunch. I had a lavash (wrap) with chicken gyro and a handful of your expected toppings (cucumbers, tomatoes, cheese, tzatziki, onion). All in all, pretty tasty, and cheap too. The quick chipotle-style service makes it pretty fast as well.

Happy to see that they stay open until 11pm on Saturday. Could be a good option for those venturing down for the Moonlight Market. ;)

How cheap we talkin? I can get Hellas if I am home for 5 bucks and Olive Tree if I am at work for 6-7 bucks. Do I need to drive downtown?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

derm said:
    How cheap we talkin? I can get Hellas if I am home for 5 bucks and Olive Tree if I am at work for 6-7 bucks. Do I need to drive downtown?

All six of the lavash/bowl options are either $6.95 or $7.95 until you start adding upgrades. ;)

News
    Participant

heresthecasey
    Participant

I noticed yesterday that Grill & Grilled is now closed. There are signs in the windows advertising “Lola’s Burger Shack” as coming soon. I’m assuming that this is another lunch concept from Kevin and Lori Ames.

scorpcmh
    Participant

Sorry to see this go…one of the few fast casual healthy places near my office. Not too excited about more burger places. Nice guys, forgot my wallet one day and gave me lunch anyway.

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

The guy that ran Grill and Grilled now runs the food truck out front of Viking Growl and Tap on King across from Hamptons. He has a pretty trimmed down menu going on there, and the food is actually pretty good.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE