Our City Online

Messageboard - Art Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Bunny Koff Exhibit/Sale in German Village

Home Forums Events Art Events Bunny Koff Exhibit/Sale in German Village

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Shiloh T.
    Participant

The German Village Society is pleased to welcome Village artist Bunny Koff to Fest Hall for a show that will hang throughout the month of May (M-F 9-3, Sat. 10-2, Sun. 12-3). An opening reception for Bunny and a welcome reception for all of our new members (see list at right!) is set for Friday, April 27, from 5-7 p.m. We will provide drinks and snacks and Bunny’s amazing works – you provide the community spirit and the social, fun, neighborhood experience for our new members!

Bunny’s artists statement will whet your appetite for Friday:

I am known as a process-oriented painter. I use acrylic paints, collage elements, and tools as varied as squeegees, combs, and chopsticks to move the paint on paper and canvas. I often draw on top of the initial layer of paint, developing the image that I see emerging. The subjects of my paintings come from my travels, from the joy of walking in German Village and seeing flowers peer through wrought iron fences, from my past life as a New Yorker, and most often, from my imagination. Having majored in English and French in college, words often become the main content of my art. I am firmly rooted in the 20th Century art of abstraction but enjoy incorporating 21st Century ideas, using digital photos as painting surfaces and back-lit frames to add new dimensions to my art. I have been painting for the last 19 years now and still feel the amazing joy that I felt on that day I walked into a watercolor class, picked up a brush, a palette, and astounded myself by making art!

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Big fan of both Bunny and her work, you should def. check this out if you don’t know her.

Sounds like a great way to start the weekend!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Art Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION