Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Bulk Peppadews in Cols.?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Bulk Peppadews in Cols.?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

cyclist II
    Participant

Do any of you wonderful foodies or restaurateurs know where I can buy Peppadews other than the Giant Eagle Antipasti bar at $7.99/lb

Peppadews are sweet little piquant peppers. They are very tasty. I would like an alternative source other than GE.

hungrywoolf
    Participant

hungrywoolf
    Participant

I think they also have them on amazon but maybe through the same source.

ja

They sell them at Nature’s Bin in Lakewood, a westside urban suburb in Cleveland. You can also order them through their website.

lisathewaitress
    Participant

is whole foods also out?

cyclist II
    Participant

lisathewaitress wrote >>
    is whole foods also out?

I don’t know. I was recently at the Lane Ave location, but did not see them. Maybe they are not as niche as I think.

lisathewaitress
    Participant

you might want to see if the cheese guy in the North Market will get them in for you. We get them in giant bags in the restaurant where I work – like 10 pounds at a time. I’m guessing he would have more of an ability to buy them in large quantities and portion them out.

I love those things, too!

cyclist II
    Participant

hungrywoolf wrote
    http://peppadew.gourmetfoodmall.com/
    /

These cost more than at Giant Eagle. They are $8 a pound there.

hungrywoolf
    Participant

cyclist II wrote >>

lisathewaitress wrote >>
    is whole foods also out?

I don’t know. I was recently at the Lane Ave location, but did not see them. Maybe they are not as niche as I think.

I think they went more mainstream when Panera started using them in one of their veggie sandwiches:

MEDITERRANEAN VEGGIE
    Zesty Peppadewâ„¢ piquant peppers, feta, cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes, onions and cilantro hummus on our Tomato Basil bread.

hungrywoolf
    Participant

cyclist II wrote >>

hungrywoolf wrote
    http://peppadew.gourmetfoodmall.com/
    /

These cost more than at Giant Eagle. They are $8 a pound there.

I don’t think you can see the wholesale price on the website without registering. Might be worth trying costco or restaurant depot.

cyclist II
    Participant

hungrywoolf wrote >>

cyclist II wrote >>

lisathewaitress wrote >>
    is whole foods also out?

I think they went more mainstream when Panera started using them in one of their veggie sandwiches:
    MEDITERRANEAN VEGGIE
    Zesty Peppadewâ„¢ piquant peppers, feta, cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes, onions and cilantro hummus on our Tomato Basil bread.

Yeah, I only started eating them two years ago. Its like a new invention like hummus or Vitamin Water.

Thanks. I will continue my search!

fonzette
    Participant

I think Weiland’s has them sometimes.

pez
    Participant

I’ll check next time I’m at The Andersons and post back. Looks like Peppadew is a brand name, are there other brands, or are these ones prepared in a special way? I never knew what they were, but used to love the Mediterranean Veggie at Panera and wondered what they were.

lisathewaitress
    Participant

are you buying in bulk for your bagel shop? I think you can buy them from Euro; maybe also restaurant depot has them, not positive.

laChewla
    Participant

Yes. And Restaurant Depot is a negative. What is “Euro” other than a form of currency?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: