Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Buggyworks - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Buggyworks – News & Updates

This topic contains 43 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Josh_W Josh_W 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author

surber17
    Participant

Found the link to the tower renderings:

http://www.jbadusa.com/projects/live_BWPII/index.html

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

this is the type of architecture our skyline needs to spice things up a little. amazing. hope this gets built within the next couple of years.

surber17
    Participant

jpizzow wrotethis is the type of architecture our skyline needs to spice things up a little. amazing. hope this gets built within the next couple of years.

Agreed. And with the success of Buggyworks I could see this happening.

Pickerington_Kyle
    Participant

Is this project dead? I went to the companies website, and it hasn’t been updated since december of 2009. Did they go bankrupt?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Phase 2 was shelved a long time ago, but Phase 1 of the Buggyworks sold quite well. The developer hasn’t made any big announcements in awhile, but that doesn’t mean bankruptcy.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

I remember reading this a while back….wander where it stands. (“Growth in Rentals” near the bottom of article, first paragraph.

http://www.columbusceo.com/industry_news/commercial_real_estate/article_4442a646-3ade-11e0-a07c-00127992bc8b.html

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Arena District Plans for Future Residential Development
    By: Walker

Brian Ellis: We acquired what hasn’t been developed yet of The Buggyworks. The condominium complex that Kyle Katz developed is in place and will continue to exist as is, but the undeveloped portions of that property, we’ve acquired.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/arena-district-plans-for-future-residential-development

futureman
    Participant

25,000sf of office space being added on top of the proposed garage. Not a huge amount, but still a welcomed addition to the renovation. Originally was going to have 108,000sf – now 133,000sf.

Buggyworks project getting bigger amid high demand for Arena District space
    Brian R. Ball – Staff reporter
    Columbus Business First

Nationwide Realty Investors Ltd. wants to let more office tenants into its Buggyworks project in the Arena District.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2014/12/16/buggyworks-project-getting-bigger-amid-high-demand.html

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

25,000sf of office space being added on top of the proposed garage.

Would be cool if they were able to add a lot more floors instead of just one. Probably some great skyline views if you get up over the stadium, and great views down into the ballpark from up high. ;)

JMan
    Participant

Any possibility of bringing it up to six or seven stories?

King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

Isn’t this just a renovation of the existing historic building? It seems like they’re just adding a floor to the existing structure. You can only go so high when you’re working with an existing building.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Isn’t this just a renovation of the existing historic building? It seems like they’re just adding a floor to the existing structure. You can only go so high when you’re working with an existing building.

I think you’re right. It’s been awhile since I read the details, but I forgot that the garage structure is a renovation of the old building and not an addition.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Took some demolition photos a few weeks ago. Forgot to put em up!

Josh_W
    Josh_W
    Participant

So much for Mekka. :(

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.