Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Buggyworks - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Buggyworks – News & Updates

This topic contains 43 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Josh_W Josh_W 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

There’s some interesting (but short) Q&A with Kyle Katz about the Buggyworks in this month’s CBUS Mag:

(page 18): http://www.cbusmagazine.com/C-BUS_MarchApril2008.pdf

surber17
    Participant

Good stuff. Def wish it was longer and they asked some other questions….such as “Is the tower still an option?”

Would it be possible to get a “meet and greet” with some of these developers? If we showed up with 60 or so potential buyers I’m sure they would at least listen to what we have to say.

I heard some crazy stuff about phases two and beyond yesterday.

It’s gonna be really nice.

surber17
    Participant

Really!? Like what? I really hope the go with something along the lines of their original renderings. They are prob. sitting on one of the most desirable pieces of land (now after the stadium is built) in Columbus, so I hope they do something great.

whopper jr
    whopper jr
    Participant

Am I imagining things or did they used to have concerts in Phase 2 of the Buggyworks? I swear I saw Interpol play there, but I could be mistaken. It was about 2000/2001.

dru
    Participant

whopper jr wroteAm I imagining things or did they used to have concerts in Phase 2 of the Buggyworks? I swear I saw Interpol play there, but I could be mistaken. It was about 2000/2001.

I also saw Interpol play in that building, I think the venue was named the Factory. I also saw Yo La Tengo there. Before that, it was a dance club.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Yeah, well I saw Biz Markie perform there. ;)

lifeliberty
    Participant

I think it was called MEGGA or something :lol:

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

lifeliberty wroteI think it was called MEKKA or something :lol:

Fixed that for ya. ;)

lifeliberty
    Participant

I was joking, I think that I used to live there, from what I can vaguely piece together from those years :P

err…I mean, Never heard of it!

The Buggyworks is beautiful.

Orange Barrel did some media lining Firestone Alley. This all looks good. The images of the Firestone Lofts rooftop area is really cool. Also the renderings of the alley show much change is in the future for this project.

I was told that contract stage is set to begin shortly and delivery will take place within two years from this start.

A rumor of a restaurant is also lurking

surber17
    Participant

ilovethiscity wroteThe Buggyworks is beautiful.

Orange Barrel did some media lining Firestone Alley. This all looks good. The images of the Firestone Lofts rooftop area is really cool. Also the renderings of the alley show much change is in the future for this project.

I was told that contract stage is set to begin shortly and delivery will take place within two years from this start.

A rumor of a restaurant is also lurking

Do you have a link to any of the new images?

Nope, sorry, no link, no pictures. I just saw it when I was there

Phase II looks like it is nearly a go.

Contract stage for those in reservation is set to begin soon.

surber17
    Participant

I ran around Huntington Park and the Buggyworks yesterday and I have to say this is quickly becoming my favorite developement. I’m not 100% on this, but it looks like the ground floor facing the stadium is going to be restaraunts/bars. I could be wrong on that, but I thought I saw a sign for a spot that was already leased. Also, when you go down firestone alley they have renderings of the views from Phase 2 and it looks amazing.

If this takes off (which I think it will) and they push ahead with the other new developements planned for that area, I could see this being not just the most desirable place in Columbus, but one of the top places in the midwest. I dont think you could find another place to live where in one season you can sit on your roof and watch a baseball game and in another you walk 200 yards and watch a hockey game; not to mention all of the concerts you could listen to.

Also, I dont know if anyone else has seen the renderings for the proposed Buggyworks Tower but that would be the icing on the cake! I think there was a link in a thread somewhere.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.