Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Buggyworks - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Buggyworks – News & Updates

This topic contains 43 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Josh_W Josh_W 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author

surber17
    Participant

Does anyone have any information around the second phase of Buggyworks? I’ve heard they’ve already sold some of the units, and when you go to the Buggyworks website all you get is a pulldown menu of prices you are looking at. These range from 230,000 to 1 million+. They better be building something sick for those prices. Also, I have seen some talk of them building a tower, but it was dated 2006.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I haven’t heard updates in awhile, but here’s a related topic:

https://www.columbusunderground.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11756

I stopped by their sales office today. Nearly the entire 4th floor is under reservation as well as other 3rd floor units. Floor 2 is being held for loft office space (unless residential demand pushes this aside) and floor one for retail.

In a related Business First article, the developer, Kyle Katz, just signed 5000 sq ft of space to a leading architectural firm – with construction set to begin very soon. Columbus spices up the cities where they hold office space.

surber17
    Participant

ilovethiscity wroteI stopped by their sales office today. Nearly the entire 4th floor is under reservation as well as other 3rd floor units. Floor 2 is being held for loft office space (unless residential demand pushes this aside) and floor one for retail.

In a related Business First article, the developer, Kyle Katz, just signed 5000 sq ft of space to a leading architectural firm – with construction set to begin very soon. Columbus spices up the cities where they hold office space.

Do you know if that is going to affect the retail idea for “Firestone Alley”?

bjboose

There will still be retail as the project comes along. The architecture firm will be taking a large spot at the end on the building on Nationwide Blvd.

Retail will line the actual Firestone Alley.

I stopped by the other day and they do have a large amount of reservations.

surber17
    Participant

bjboose wroteThere will still be retail as the project comes along. The architecture firm will be taking a large spot at the end on the building on Nationwide Blvd.

Retail will line the actual Firestone Alley.

I stopped by the other day and they do have a large amount of reservations.

Any idea when the actual renovation starts/finishes?

bjboose

they are waiting to start because of all the ballpark construction. the road and everything around it to torn all to hell making it difficult to get buggyworks contstruction started.

Once all of the road work (sewer lines, power lines) etc are done construction on phase II will start. The lofts are supposed to be completed summer 09, but i don’t really see it completing by then. probably late 2009 or 2010.

the architectural firm moving into the ground floor of the first phase has already started work on the space. I have seen people in and out of the space a lot lately.

SBC moved into the old greyson’s space last month, so lots of activity in the neighborhood

swan
    Participant

does anyone know what firm it is? if i had to venture a guess its probably one of the two big ones in the area expanding… URS, which is an engineering firm, or Moody Nolan… hopefully its not either though.

surber17
    Participant

2009 or 2010…..I hate waiting. Another thing I was wondering about was I saw that a tower idea had been kicked around and the original ideas around phase 2 seemed to incorporate it. Anyone know if this is more like phase 2.1 with a tower planned for the future?

bjboose

It is actually a brand new firm to town: Anshen + Allen.

They have offices in San Francisco, London, Boston, and Seattle. It’s pretty cool–they chose Columbus for the midwest office over Chicago!

www.anshen.com

If you click on offices, they have Columbus already listed and mentions the city’s strong health care industry. whoo hoo!

surber17
    Participant

bjboose wroteIt is actually a brand new firm to town: Anshen + Allen.

They have offices in San Francisco, London, Boston, and Seattle. It’s pretty cool–they chose Columbus for the midwest office over Chicago!

www.anshen.com

If you click on offices, they have Columbus already listed and mentions the city’s strong health care industry. whoo hoo!

What a great website! I hope they build something downtown, as their other projects look amazing.

gramarye
    Participant

I was going to say, I’m impressed that we’re getting international expansions here like this. At least, I assume they’re originally from abroad, given that almost the entirety of their “schools” portfolio (which is the only one I looked all the way through) was in England, though I saw some healthcare projects for California universities, too.

I should also say I hope that business booms from them here not just because it would mean that we get to keep a nice white-collar firm in a developing part of town, but also because (given their specialties), it would mean we’re building or expanding more schools, research facilities, and hospitals!

surber17
    Participant

They should design a tower that connects to Buggyworks. Then all of their employees can get a discount on living there. We’d kill two birds with one stone. More residents and businesses downtown.

Oh!, the 4th floor of the tower could connect to the roof of Buggyworks where there could be a rooftop garden. Environmentally friendly and you could watch the ballgame from a roof top park.

Those tower renderings sure are nice

surber17
    Participant

Wow!, I was just searching through old threads in CU and found this link:

http://www.jbadusa.com/projects/live_BWPII/index.html

If Buggyworks keeps up with these plans that area will be AMAZING! And with the way they are selling now (about 60% of phase 2a sold already) it gives me hope to see this sooner than later.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.