Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Buckeyes win thanks to Classical Music!

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Buckeyes win thanks to Classical Music!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

This is all tongue and cheek, of course, but I’d love your support – especially from all you sports and music fans.

I don’t work for the Columbus Symphony Orchestra, but it’s a great arts organization in downtown Columbus. I have been to a handful of concerts and plan to be there this Saturday for the final performance of the season. Will you please join me?

For once – I’d love to see my entire section full. The rear balcony only holds about 500 seats, but we’re lucky if 50-75 are even filled! That’s 10-15% capacity!

I was asked to write an article, posted this past Friday, in which I gave credit to the Buckeyes’ success in football and basketball teams to classical music. Sure it’s tongue in cheek, but in an effort to support my favorite local arts organization, the Columbus Symphony Orchestra, would you please help me fill the rear balcony of the Ohio Theatre this Saturday? Tickets are $25 each and State House parking is $5) I’m just a fan, but I would love to see far fewer empty seats – at least for the final concert!

Here’s the link: http://www.adaptistration.com/blog/2013/04/26/tafto-2013-contribution-heather-brown/

If you could at least please leave comments (friendly comments only, please) in support of the CSO, that would be great! Heck – if you could share the link on your FB pages and Twitter, that would be great, too!

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it!

Heather

(a.k.a. the Itinerant Knitter)

Twitter: ItinerantKnittr (without the last E)

ItinerantKnitter said:
    This is all tongue and cheek, of course, but I’d love your support – especially from all you sports and music fans.

I don’t work for the Columbus Symphony Orchestra, but it’s a great arts organization in downtown Columbus. I have been to a handful of concerts and plan to be there this Saturday for the final performance of the season. Will you please join me?

For once – I’d love to see my entire section full. The rear balcony only holds about 500 seats, but we’re lucky if 50-75 are even filled! That’s 10-15% capacity!

I was asked to write an article, posted this past Friday, in which I gave credit to the Buckeyes’ success in football and basketball teams to classical music. Sure it’s tongue in cheek, but in an effort to support my favorite local arts organization, the Columbus Symphony Orchestra, would you please help me fill the rear balcony of the Ohio Theatre this Saturday? Tickets are $25 each and State House parking is $5) I’m just a fan, but I would love to see far fewer empty seats – at least for the final concert!

Here’s the link: http://www.adaptistration.com/blog/2013/04/26/tafto-2013-contribution-heather-brown/

If you could at least please leave comments (friendly comments only, please) under that blog posting in support of the CSO, that would be great! Heck – if you could share the link on your FB pages and Twitter, that would be great, too!

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it!

Heather

(a.k.a. the Itinerant Knitter)
    Twitter: ItinerantKnittr (without the last E)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Ring in the decade in style! Join us for an all-inclusive NYE celebration!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO