Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

North High Brewing Company

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion North High Brewing Company

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 112 total)
  • Author

cbus11

That does seem like a good deal and some nice entertainment that goes along with the sweat equity.

MFRONE
    Participant

Wow, that’s pricey for the bottles. The Brew Kettle in Strongsville only charges $0.40 for each 22oz bottle.

MFRONE
    Participant

Do they allow you to make a custom label or do they offer a generic one for everybody to use?

buckette13

MFRONE said:
    Wow, that’s pricey for the bottles. The Brew Kettle in Strongsville only charges $0.40 for each 22oz bottle.

How much do they charge to wash and deliver them to 1288 N. High St? ;)

++++++++

Do they walk you through the process so you don’t mess it up? I am thinking of getting a group together and brewing some scotch ale, but don’t want 12 gallons of yuck.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

yes they walk your through it. Honestly.. you spend most of the time standing around staring at a boiling pot of beer waiting to add the next ingredients. and drinking of course.

You can’t mess it up unless you let it boil over…. like we did once. oops.

On our way out they said they do make custom labels. You just have to send them the artwork.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

MFRONE said:

I heard that place has a long waiting list? I expect this place to also once it really catches on. Their furmenting room was almost at full capacity with peoples brews as it is.

MFRONE
    Participant

vestanpance said:
    I heard that place has a long waiting list? I expect this place to also once it really catches on. Their furmenting room was almost at full capacity with peoples brews as it is.

There is usually a waiting list of 4 months to brew there, but people are always canceling and they are very good at notifying of them via their FB page.

mrpoppinzs

Maybe a dumb question, but how long does sealed bottled beer last? I would probably end up splitting this with a friend and have 6 gallons of the stuff.

thanks

ntn
    ntn
    Participant

Depends on what you’re making, if you are not making a hop centric beer like an IPA…they can last years. The aroma hops degrade while the bitterness will remain, leaving a somewhat unbalanced beer.

I have some homebrews from batches that I was not initially a fan of only to be found years later and considerably more drinkable.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Press Release:
    The Daily Growler and North High Brewing Begin Beautiful Friendship

Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons! Really…? Well certainly compared to the brain trust at The Daily Growler and North High Brewing Company. I don’t recall Socrates creating a Strawberry Milk Stout, but The Daily Growler and North High Brewing have done just that.

The Beatles may never have recorded with the Rolling Stones. Google and Apple may never play nice. But two of central Ohio’s burgeoning beer titans have come together to create something bigger than the sum of their parts. This is the first beer that NHB has produced for another business and it was a true collaboration. TDG’s John Blakely served as brewers assistant to NHB’s Brewmaster Charlie Davis throughout the entire process, doing everything from scraping the mash tun out of the tanks to straining the strawberries that will be this beer signature flavor.

The Strawberry Milk Stout will be available exclusively at The Daily Growler (2812 Fishinger Rd.).

roy
    Participant

BRU/North High Brewing just posted an unexpected brewing opening today at 6pm, check out their Facebook if interested.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

We bottled our beer yesterday. Came out pretty good, and at 9.1% abv will get the party started in bombers.

groundrules
    Participant

vestanpance said:
    We bottled our beer yesterday. Came out pretty good, and at 9.1% abv will get the party started in bombers.

Nice! what’s the deal with the labels?

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Labels are included in the price. You can send them your own design (within their specs like I did) or you can have them print something generic for you.

News
    Participant

Published on February 24, 2014 9:25 am
    North High Brewing Expanding this Summer
    By: Ayana Wilson

That’s why this June, North High Brewing will expand their operation from a 2-BBL system to a 20-barrel one at a new 10,000 square foot location. The new brew site will be located at the corner of East Fifth and Cleveland Avenues, where Cleveland Avenue Body Shop used to sit.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/north-high-brewing-expanding-this-summer-aw1

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 112 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: