Our City Online

Messageboard - Sporting Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Broke Man's half-marathon, May 26 2013

Home Forums Events Sporting Events Broke Man's half-marathon, May 26 2013

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Sunday, May 26, 2013

[Time]

10:00am

[Where]

Columbus, Ohio

[Description]

So you want to run a half marathon, but can’t fork out the $80 to run the cap city? Yeah, me too.

Normally I run all the big races on the bike path “in honor” of the race. So this year I thought I would invite some fiends to run with me.

Whether you can’t afford the Cap city half and just want to run, you ran the cap city half and have the urge to run again, or need a fun training run for the fall marathon’s this year, this is a fun run for you!!

WHERE IS THE RUN-

(ESTIMATED ROUTE AS OF NOW)

The run will start at schiller park in German Village, loop around to the the bike path, follow south on the path, then turn to head north just past downtown, and then head home where we will end the day at Hal & Als bar on Parson’s Ave.

Here is a link to the course, I will be running this before hand to has out distance and details

http://www.dailymile.com/routes/1433391-running-route-in-columbus-oh

THE AFTER PARTY-

The bar will be hosting a food truck court at the end of the race and there is talk about drink specials for the runners. So when the race is over we can hang out, eat food, drink beer and bask in the glory (and sweat) which is a runners life.

The more people that join in, the more we will try to get more happenings at the after party. There could possibly be a band, some yoga, free water… So register!

WHAT IS THE COST OF THE RUN-

This run is FREE! For being the broke man’s work out, running can get really expensive. You have to buy shoes, you have to pay ridiculous race fees, you have to wear clothing (although some have been tempted to challenge this)

BUT WHAT DO I GET OUT IT-

You get the joy of running with awesome people in an awesome city. If you would like free food and drinks after the race, then you can give me a $10 registration fee and Ill buy you a sandwich and a beer afterwards!

However we all know runners need swag. It’s what we run for right! (riiiiight….) So- IF YOU RSVP for the race, I will be getting medals for everyone and making race numbers with your “chosen name” on it. Again, IF YOU RESISTER… THEY WILL COME.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE COVETED RACE SHIRT!!! HOW WILL OTHERS KNOW HOW AWESOME I AM!!!

(thats what face book is for people! Sharing your awesomeness)

If you have ever been to the thrift store then you know most race shirts go there to die, so why waste. So what we will be doing is having a MAKE YOUR OWN BROKE MAN’S HALF MARATHON SHIRT CONTEST.

You can do whatever you want. Buy an old race shirt from the thrift shop and make it your own, buy a blank T and design it on your own, wear no shirt at all and paint yo body (if your one of the one’s who like to challenge the “clothing cost issue” in running. Just make it awesome! There will be a prize for the greatest. Not sure what though yet.

So sign up, come on out, and enjoy the greatest gift that running gives you

FREEEEEEEEdom.

Facebook Link

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Sporting Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: