Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Britpop/shoegaze i.e. the best era ever

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Britpop/shoegaze i.e. the best era ever

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Sandersen

You dig? You should come out to Bristol Bar on Manchester Mondays.

Tons of well-known and obscure shoegaze, brit-pop, fuzzed out pretty 90’s alternative noise pop and a bunch of new stuff that falls somewhere around those genres. Don’t like to dance? Cool. Just be cool and space out to your favorite songs..

Brett Anderson and Damon Albarn would be there if they knew about it.

And no, I don’t work for or DJ at Bristol Bar. Just went there last night and had a great time. I’m pretty sure there’s a niche in this city for something like this….you know who you are….

null

robertfoshizzle
    Participant

Yes.

And while we’re in black and white, how about a little bit of this:

AmyD
    Participant

i was just listening to Ride the other day. those pretty pretty boys

MrBond

This bar is great, despite the terrifying neighborhood. It’s vital that you go on the right night though. Otherwise you may end up hearing a D.J. who has one sample he uses in every song for 2 and a 1/2 hours.

Sandersen

MrBond wrote >>
    This bar is great, despite the terrifying neighborhood. It’s vital that you go on the right night though. Otherwise you may end up hearing a D.J. who has one sample he uses in every song for 2 and a 1/2 hours.

right…

so go on Mondays.

Roger Moore would be there too…

dru
    Participant

AmyD wrote >>
    i was just listening to Ride the other day. those pretty pretty boys

Vapour Trail – perhaps favorite song of all time.

MrBond wrote >>
    This bar is great, despite the terrifying neighborhood.

i have lived 4 blocks south of Bristol for 5 years and cannot recall ever being “terrified.” Should you stumble out of BB drunk and meander north of Summit, well no that would be a bad idea. But walking in and out is a pretty terror free exercise compared with heading to the Hacienda back in the day.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

Sanderson, I must know you somehow. I’m convinced I know every shoegaze-listener in Columbus.

The Roger Moore thing was a bit of a tip-off possibly.

robertfoshizzle
    Participant

Manatee wrote >>
    Sanderson, I must know you somehow. I’m convinced I know every shoegaze-listener in Columbus.

You have some work to do then, because you haven’t met me yet. ;-)

I’m Robert — pleased to make your acquaintance.

MrBond

Sandersen wrote >>

MrBond wrote >>

right…
    so go on Mondays.
    Roger Moore would be there too…

The real question is would Sean Connery or Daniel Craig go there?

Sandersen

Manatee wrote >>
    The Roger Moore thing was a bit of a tip-off possibly.

You may know me. I may know you. Who knows?

Do you know of my band Love Culture? If so you probably know me…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: