Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Briarcliff MX Ohio's Premier Motocross Facility

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Briarcliff MX Ohio’s Premier Motocross Facility

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

lifeliberty
    Participant

http://www.briarcliffmx.com/

this place is amazing for close offroad track fun. i was up there Saturday for

“Thanks again to Huntington Bank for sponsoring today, Saturday 4-10-10, admission just $10 for riders! “

Just get on a bike and go. they have different tracks for different skill sets. And it is only about an hour away.

I have the full year schedule at home, I don’t think it’s up on the site yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAfO6LPij5Q&feature=player_embedded

blammo
    Participant

was it pretty accommodating to beginner mx-ers? I’ve never really ridden mx before & just have 80cc dirtbikes. I’d hate to get caught in some kinda crazy mandatory triple-jump action and have some 250 guys land on top of me while I rolled over the jumps, lol.

lifeliberty
    Participant

they have 3 or 4 tracks. a little one for 50s and children, an intermediate track and the pro-like one. You would be fine on the intermediate(C-track), the pro people(A/B track) were crazy, i don’t think I would even attempt it without lots of practice. you can go an just watch for free I think. it is normally $20/day for a rider.

check out this link for the different tracks. http://www.briarcliffmx.com/?page_id=127
    and these aren’t races, it is just open ride

there is also a trail loop.

lifeliberty
    Participant

It reminded me of a moto rally for MXers, without the vendors present. all kinds of bikes and quads

and it can get pretty LOUD too, but it’s not too bad. once in a while someone will come screaming by on a 2 stroke fully pinned

swan
    Participant

oh you’d be fine blammo… i’ve raced MX since I was four years old and six days a week since i was around 12… i’ve never seen a novice get landed on in practice. Any experienced rider would have no problem going around you… i’d also recommend you get into it ASAP because MX is really the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

also, anyone who refers to Briarcliff has “Ohio’s Premiere Facility” has never raced Scenic Highlands… they’re not even close to being the same tier. I’d also put Beans Road, Dirtworld and Spring Valley ahead of Briafcliff… although it is a pretty good track.

Scenic Highlands —> http://www.ohiomotocross.com/

lifeliberty
    Participant

swan wrote >>

also, anyone who refers to Briarcliff has “Ohio’s Premiere Facility” has never raced Scenic Highlands… they’re not even close to being the same tier.

You should tell Briarcliff that, it’s just copied straight from their website. Briarcliff is pretty close to Columbus. It’s an alternative to Wayne for open riding.

I didn’t see any accidents the entire time I was there.

swan
    Participant

haha well if you’ve been to scenic highlands + briarcliff i’d love to hear what you think.

also, i’m not trying to disprove you, just offering up other places to ride that are absolutely mind-blowing incredible.

i sold both of my bikes when i moved to italy a few years back and haven’t really gotten back into the sport since… i miss it everyday, especially when we have weather like today. le sigh.

also, for ohios PREMIERE MOTOCROSS WEBSITE… check out pitracer.com

lifeliberty
    Participant

I’d love to see Highlands, I’m sure it’s great. I’m just saying Briarcliffe is close and pretty cool. and I the words “Ohio’s Premier Motocross Facility” are not mine.

Thanks for the info on places to ride!

blammo
    Participant

I’d like to check out any/all of these places, once my bikes are back in running order and I get some adequate off-road gear. Swan, I have multiple bikes that are at about 90% completion; once i get rolling, you’re more than welcome to borrow one in exchange for showing me the ropes at one of these facilities. and of course i wouldn’t make the offer if i wasn’t ok with someone completely biffing one of them.

swan
    Participant

that’s an amazing offer and i’d take you up on it in a heartbeat… but theres a 90% chance i’m moving to NYC next week… just out of curiosity… what type of bikes do you have?

swan
    Participant

oh also, if you go onto the pitracer.com message board and put in a request for novice riding partners… you’d probably get a whole bunch of really nice people who’d love to ride with you and show you some tracks.

blammo
    Participant

well have fun in NYC if you go ahead with it! and uh…be sure to check out my band while you’re there, thursday the 22nd in Brooklyn @ Hank’s Saloon & Saturday the 24th at The Living Room on the lower east side! (always time for a plug)

I have an ’82 CR80, a ’97 KX80 and a ’95 RM80. I also have a ’72 TC125, but that would be laughable on any kind of modern MX course. Fun trail rider though. Once I get these suckers back together & get some funds, I’ll look into finding some riding partners. good luck with the move if that goes down!

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

This should be the cue for me to come fetch my bike from winter sleep in your garage lest it end up in parts all over some MX course, eh?

blammo
    Participant

Ha! Nah, you can keep it at my place indefinitely, i wouldn’t treat it like some craigslist special.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Yeah yeah…I can see it now…swan flying over some sweet jumps with you sitting on the handlebars or something. ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: