Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Brezel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

vespamary
    Participant

Have a hankering for a Bavarian pretzel? brezel’s Brittany Baum and Maria Gentile are officially open for business at the North Market today!

lifeliberty
    Participant

That’s awesome, congratulations!

Roland
    Participant

I hope the Brezel ladies have a great launch! I can’t wait to visit. :)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

The gallery looks very tempting

http://www.brezelpower.com/gallery.html

Is it NM policy to place similar vendors next to each other? This is three bakers in a row, right? I wonder if that’s bad for business due to competition, or good for business due to organizing the market floor into a baking area, meat area, non-food area, etc. I don’t know how other markets are organized.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

As far as I’m aware there’s no policy on similar-business placement. The Market has been full or near capacity for awhile now, so it’s more about which spaces are available and who wants to play musical chairs with spaces sometimes. ;)

I will say that the south loop of the market where Omega/Brezel/CleverCrow is located is one of the lower trafficked areas, so hopefully the fact that Brezel and Clever Crow already have a following will help draw customers down that way. Quite a few tenants in those spaces previously have moved out to better locations as soon as they had the chance to capture more foot traffic.

howatzer
    Participant

mmmmm…. pretzels

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

update: brēzel
    We are now open on Mondays! Swing by North Market and grab a pretzel.

hungrywoolf
    Participant

They now have about 20 flavors of pretzels that they rotate through and they usually seem to have about 8 or 9 different ones on display each day. Newer ones include baklava, toasted almond and coconut and cheddar jalapeno. They’re so good when they are still warm from the oven.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Baklava pretzels?!? Must try one! :D

tdziemia
    Participant

Baklava? Almond? Dem’s not pretzels! Yous gotta go to Philly to unnerstand dat pretzels jus come in two flavors: wit mustard or widout. Dees guys musta got da Annie’s gene in there somewhere. Yeesh.
    (OK. the original Bavarian style look pretty tasty from the pic, and being in serious withdrawal from my Philly soft pretzel habit, I will definitely get one next time I’m in NM)

catnfiddle
    Participant

Know the feeling, tdziemia. I go back to Philly when I can and grab a pretzel when I get downtown. Don’t even care if the vendor washed his hands. That’s extra flavoring! However, brezel is something special that even Philly pretzels can’t quite touch.

tdziemia
    Participant

I am an absolute sucker for a good simple pretzel out of the oven, so indeed I will try when I get the chance. However, I am strongly biased against concoctions like Annie’s makes that add lots of fats, sugar, etc to the recipe making it another 500 calorie snack that is the last things we obese Americans need.
    I’ve actually wondered if COlumbus could be ripe for a Philly Soft Pretzel franchise … seriously.

columbusfoodie
    Participant

hungrywoolf said:
    They now have about 20 flavors of pretzels that they rotate through and they usually seem to have about 8 or 9 different ones on display each day. Newer ones include baklava, toasted almond and coconut and cheddar jalapeno. They’re so good when they are still warm from the oven.

My favorite of the new ones is the cheddar jalapeno – very, very flavorful and not too spicy – so even a chile wimp like me can handle it. The baklava ones rule as well, especially when paired with some honey cream cheese. :)

columbusfoodie
    Participant

catnfiddle said:
    Know the feeling, tdziemia. I go back to Philly when I can and grab a pretzel when I get downtown. Don’t even care if the vendor washed his hands. That’s extra flavoring! However, brezel is something special that even Philly pretzels can’t quite touch.

I’ve always thought that Philly pretzels were overrated, because 90% of the time they’re stale as hell. Brezel pretzels are something special, though – esp. when you get them at 8:30 on a Saturday morning when they’re still piping hot. Speaking of something special, are the rest of you as addicted to Patisserie Lallier as I am? Makes it so worth a stop to the Clintonville Farmers Market. I honestly think they give Pistacia Vera a run for their money…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: