Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

BrewDog US Expansion

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion BrewDog US Expansion

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 263 total)
  • Author
    King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

so I noticed on top on the building an address of 490. this would put it near the corner of McDowell on either Rich, Town or State in Franklinton.<br>
    State St is where the condemned Church is. Rich & Town are both open lots.

Good eye! Although looking at none of those 3 sites look to have a building similar to one in the background next to them. So mystery remains?

JAL
    Participant

What about the bright blue painted building currently numbered as 480 W Town St. The basic building with some modifications to the facade and some build-ons could look like the building in the picture. If they move the entrance I believe it could be renumbered to 490.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.9573263,-83.0128715,3a,75y,348.38h,75.38t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sowh81G_wb3oc0a_Pz8OZgg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Miracle
    Participant

The image has what appears to be a little house and the closest corner to that is Rich and Mcdowell.

JAL
    Participant

The image has what appears to be a little house and the closest corner to that is Rich and Mcdowell.

You are assuming that the entrance is facing south. If the Brewdog entrance is actually facing west and the side with all the big windows is actually facing Town St, the blue building at 480 Town St works and the house you are referring to is actually behind the building.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.9572822,-83.0132188,3a,75y,35.33h,69.08t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sf4Lg-5tsETK4p_INbVNU_A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

lbl
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Miracle wrote:</div>

You are assuming that the entrance is facing south. If the Brewdog entrance is actually facing west and the side with all the big windows is actually facing Town St, the blue building at 480 Town St works and the house you are referring to is actually behind the building.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.9572822,-83.0132188,3a,75y,35.33h,69.08t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sf4Lg-5tsETK4p_INbVNU_A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

though, why would the main entrance be on the alley side?

23rd
    Participant

Or this could be what is currently 185 McDowell Street. If the bar’s entrance was reoriented to be on West Walnut its street number could be 490. The house directly behind 185 McDowell is 494 West Walnut – this could be the house to the left of the building in the rendering. It would seem strange, however, for the building to be facing such a narrow side street, and the building is nearly 10,000 square feet – twice as large as what they’re looking for.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

JAL
    Participant
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Interesting post on /r/ColumbusBeer

Hello fellow craft beer enthusiasts! I’m posting a bit of an unusual request for this forum, but believe that you all can help. As many of you have likely heard, BrewDog has chosen Franklinton for the site of its new brewpub. In doing so, they are considering a property (496 W. Rich St) that would displace a family of 5. I’ve been a resident and homeowner in Franklinton since 2008 and have witnessed firsthand how decisions like this have been devastating for these kinds of families. Many residents here have low incomes, very little access to moving resources and even worse, very little safe and affordable housing. Franklinton, especially East Franklinton, has many available vacant and commercial properties. I’m asking you to consider emailing those in charge of the CBus expansion to make a responsible decision and find a better location. Please email Katie and Keith and urge them to investigate other properties in the area. You can reach them at [email protected] and [email protected]

This being said, I’m excited for another new brewery in the neighborhood and look forward to drinking many delicious beers there. Again, thanks for your consideration.

spfld_expat
    spfld_expat
    Participant

I just took a look at that place on the Auditor’s website. Talk about Undervalued Downtown Real Estate!

JAL
    Participant

That’s interesting. So I wonder if that means they are looking at the building (s)(on Walnut St) that is directly behind this house and want to remove the houses for either parking or to increase the visibility of the brewpub from Rich St. It would seem unusual, considering that they were looking for an existing building to develop, that they would want the land this house sits on for the actually brewpub itself-since this would indicate that they want to build a brand new building. (which again they stressed they wanted an existing building when looking for a site for the pub).

jhartford
    Participant

I know the two guys that live at 496 West Rich. Definitely no kids but they do have wild parties. Not sure what house ColumbusBeer poster is thinking of but might have the wrong address.

jbcmh81
    Participant

496 W. Rich would make sense if they were considering the long term. All that vacant land across the street is going to be the site of a lot of new residential units in the next few years.

Jumanji15
    Participant

Will that be the Casto mixed-use project across the street from this site? No wonder they are entertaining 496 W. Rich. This is about to be a popular street in Franklinton. BrewDogs would fit right in.

King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

496 West Rich perfectly matches the rendering.

502 West Rich matches the house depicted on left background of the render and that little alley is on the right. The dimensions from 502 to the alley also seem to match the scale of the rendering. It looks spot on.

Too bad they have to demolish a structure in an area of the city filled with vacant lots. But it’s still an exciting development.

JMN24
    Participant

I am positive that there is not a family of five living in that house. Lol two guys in their thirties live in that house and they are constantly having the cops called on them for having out of control parties. Last week the ambulance came after a fight broke out. I have written the landlord a letter to complain about the constant issues coming from those tenants in the hopes he/she will evict them. That house is falling apart and needs to be torn down. I also am aware that there has been “rough” activity in this house for years. It would be a blessing to the neighborhood if BrewDog were to come to aide in the growth of that awesome location!

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 263 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: