Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

BrewDog US Expansion

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion BrewDog US Expansion

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 263 total)
  • Author

MFRONE
    Participant

The announcement on Wednesday was what they were suppose to release today.

DouginCMH
    Participant

Well, maybe, but if so, it’s missing a few pertinent details:

– They haven’t confirmed the exact location. Canal Winchester has been leaked, but never confirmed by BrewDog. Plus, which site there, exactly?
    – No timeline.
    – No details on the production capacity of the project; 100,000 square feet, but that doesn’t tell us much about their plans to brew.
    – No details about those five US pubs or about the so-called taproom and restaurant at the brewery.
    – No more info about the financial size of the project and the size of and the role that the Equity for Punks USA effort will play.

And so on.

As an announcement, it’s kind of a non-announcement. I know they said they were nailing down some financial details (incentive, etc.). Perhaps that’s still in the works. Plus, I would think that the REAL announcement for this will include a press conference on site with the BrewDog guys present. This is a huge step for this company. It’s not the sort of thing you do only via social media and your website.

MFRONE
    Participant

The author of the Brew Dog blog said himself their announcement on Wednesday was what they planned to release on Friday.

DouginCMH
    Participant

The author of the Brew Dog blog said himself their announcement on Wednesday was what they planned to release on Friday.

Right, but my point is that it didn’t announce much. Presumably, there will need to be another announcement with actual information in the (hopefully) near future.

DouginCMH
    Participant

A little digging by Dan Eaton confirms that, as of now, there’s no hard news re: Columbus getting a BrewDog pub in addition to the brewery. Though reading between the lines would imply that the taproom and restaurant in (we assume) Canal Winchester won’t be as three dimensional a venue as are some of the company’s “bar/retail ideas.”

http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2015/06/15/could-brewdog-bring-one-of-its-signature-bars-to.html

DouginCMH
    Participant

Smokehouse Brewing is tapping a special beer welcoming BrewDog to Columbus:

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/the-beer-blog/the-beer-blog-1.273124/smokehouse-makes-special-beer-to-welcome-brewdog-1.600455

Tapping is today.

DouginCMH
    Participant

Interview with James Watt in the Dispatch:

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/business/2015/06/17/brewdog-cofounder-keen-on-columbus.html

Again, nothing really new. But an interesting read nonetheless. They do – not surprisingly – plan on making some beers in the US brewery that differ from their existing line.

It seems as though we’ll need to wait until all the details on the central Ohio site are nailed down before we’ll get many more details on this project.

chaptal
    Participant

Have the fortuitous pleasure of being in Glasgow this week. Went to Brewdog today. Very good scene and friendly vibe. Beers were quite good, even went for the 41% Sink the Bismark. Told the staff I was from Columbus, to say they are pumped about the Columbus brewery and expansion to America is an understatement. This is a good thing people.

DouginCMH
    Participant

Have the fortuitous pleasure of being in Glasgow this week. Went to Brewdog today. Very good scene and friendly vibe. Beers were quite good, even went for the 41% Sink the Bismark. Told the staff I was from Columbus, to say they are pumped about the Columbus brewery and expansion to America is an understatement. This is a good thing people.

Damn you lucky @?&*^!!!!

But seriously, this is very cool to hear. Now get back to your Columbus Ambassadorial duties!

CB_downtowner
    Participant

Interview with James Watt in the Dispatch:

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/business/2015/06/17/brewdog-cofounder-keen-on-columbus.html

Again, nothing really new. But an interesting read nonetheless. They do – not surprisingly – plan on making some beers in the US brewery that differ from their existing line.

It seems as though we’ll need to wait until all the details on the central Ohio site are nailed down before we’ll get many more details on this project.

Great read. Makes total sense to me that they’d want a space that has room to grow. I can understand why that would be harder to do closer to downtown. I can definitely live with that.

Anonymous
    Inactive

So this time Belle & Sebastian were here, you were there. I was looking for you once again Chaptal.

chaptal
    Participant

“So this time Belle & Sebastian were here, you were there. I was looking for you once again Chaptal.”

We were at the show Sunday night, left on Monday. The timing of all of this is remarkable.

Roger846
    Participant

Agreed. Even though I’d like to see a Brewdog brewpub downtown, I’m happy they’re coming and think they’ll be a great addition to Columbus! Plus, I’ll probably make the long and arduous :-) journey to Canal Winchester to take their tour and have a beer. Welcome BrewDog!

DouginCMH
    Participant

Anyone recognize any members of the ‘Columbus team’? I assume it contains at least some people from Columbus, perhaps with current BrewDog management. But of course I’m just hypothesizing.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 263 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.