Our City Online

Messageboard - TV

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Breaking Bad on AMC

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion TV Breaking Bad on AMC

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 525 total)
  • Author

Roland
    Participant

Yet another emotionally draining episode to watch! I really want to see that Aryan crew dealt with in a serious way. Especially that Meth Damon character. What a psychopath. Lydia is also missing a few screws. They could be a good match.

I was hoping for a happy ending for Jesse but it’s just not gonna happen.

That phone call to Flynn from Walt was a solid feel good moment too. I don’t know what words could be worse to hear. I don’t see that getting patched up, but I’ll hope to see it anyway.

I predict some internal conflict develops between Jack and Todd after some heat develops, creating some fortuitous opening. Walt will rescue Jesse because he has no one left to talk to. Of course something will go wrong, Jesse dies, Walt is forced to cook under threat to family. He’ll end up taking the ricin himself.

What I really want to see is this actually happen…

RBloodworth
    Participant

RedStorm said:
    So, what’s up with Huell? Is he still just “waiting” for Hank and Gomie? For months? I mean, come on. You can’t scare him into ratting out Saul and Walt and then just have him sit there forever, right?

I would imagine that the agent who Hank left in charge of watching Huell was eventually contacted by someone else in the DEA once Hank and Gomez went missing. Huell was convinced that Saul had set him up to be killed, so he probably told the other DEA agents the same thing that he told Hank and Gomez. Thus, the reason why Saul needed a vacuum cleaner repairman.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Yet another great episode, firing on all cylinders. I don’t think I’ve ever been this excited to watch a TV show week in and week out.

Great to open up a little light hearted with Saul and Walt as roommates for a bit before getting too heavy. And great to see a Robert Forster guest starring this late in the show! Not a whole lot left for him to do, but a convincing actor to take on that role.

Watching Jesse breaking out of his cell was *so* uplifting. I honestly thought he was going to throw himself through the razorwire fence and make a bloody messy escape. But nope… Breaking Bad has to go and break our hearts with not only him being easily recaptured, but also forced to watch the casual execution of Andrea. Really tough to watch him go through the wringer like this, as Jesse is still the heart of the show, and if anyone could still be rooted for, it’s him.

Speaking of rooting for people though, *yay Flynn* for telling off his dad on the phone! His principle must certainly think he hates his Aunt Marie though. ;) And such a drastic rollercoaster for Walt at that bar… ready to give himself up, and only to change his mind upon his viewing the Grey Matter interview. Which leaves me questioning which thing is truely motivating Walt’s return to ABQ?

a) To learn that his signature blue meth is still on the market.
    b) To hear that the kind and intelligent Walter White died a long time ago.
    c) To hear that his contribution to Grey Matter was written off as nothing.
    d) All of the above?

Coremodels said:
    I was really expecting him to catch a story in the paper about the killing of Jesse’s Girl and put two and two together, but that interview worked WAY better (including the information that the meth was still flowing).

Anne said the same thing as he opened the stack of newspapers. ;)

roy said:
    Dumb little Todd wore his Sunday best to ‘meet’ for soy decaf stevia lattes…

Exactly! I love how his clothes were somehow simultaneously “awkward high schooler not used to button down shirts” but also “What would Walter White Wear? (W.W.W.W.W.?). ;)

RedStorm said:
    Some of the timeline hasn’t been consistent – supposedly it’s taken place from 2008-2010, yet no one has a smartphone? Really, bringing in millions and still using a flip phone in 2010?

It’s easier to dramatically break a flip phone in half whenever the need arrives. ;)

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I think most burner phones are still flip phones btw.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

So… last minute predictions? How’s it going to end?

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Walker said:
    So… last minute predictions? How’s it going to end?

Walt goes on a kill crazy rampage, taking out the Aryans via trickery and firepower.

Jesse, not knowing what to think, kills Walt as Walt comes to rescue him.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Walt tapes another confessional video like he did in the pilot saying that he plans to undo the damage he has done by wiping out the Nazis and the blue meth empire before offing himself.

Still the egomaniac, he ends the video with this sentence:

Mack741
    Participant

Are there any other viewing parties in Columbus besides the Gateway Film Center (which is sold out)?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I think Studio 35 is also showing it.

Coy
    Participant

Pretty decent wrap up.

DavidF
    Participant

Coy said:
    Pretty decent wrap up.

Yep. But I know a lot of people have it on DVR so I’ll wait a day or two to talk spoilers. Just a hint: Make watching it a priority, it’s worth it.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Yeah, I thought it was an excellent finale. I was struck by the idea that Walt wasn’t even really seeking redemption at this point, he loved his family and was just a bad guy now. Its one of the things I really like about Sons of Anarchy.

placebohigh
    Participant

I agree…I was quite satisfied with the ending and the last episodes were seriously some of the best TV of all time.

Roland
    Participant

That was a really satisfying ending. I loved seeing Badger and Skinny Pete make an appearance. His arrangement with the Gray Matter people was clever. That was leading up to be a tense scene. I wasn’t sure where it was going to go for a while there. The scenes with Walt and his family members were good. I feel that was probably the hardest hitting moments of the episode. The rest of the episode felt like it was just what we all wanted to see. Which was fine, just not earth shattering. We’ve already been through the tough stuff in the episodes leading to this. The final shot was beautiful.

Great show. Strong finish.

BreakfastwithNick
    BreakfastwithNick
    Participant

+1 to everything Roland said. Very satisfying wrap-up. Tied up a lot of loose ends naturally. Maybe not as many deeply shocking moments, but again, as Roland said – we’ve had enough of that with the last 3-4 episodes with Hank, Gomez, Andrea, Jesse’s enslavement, etc. Very fitting ending to an excellent show.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 525 total)

The forum ‘TV’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: