Our City Online

Messageboard - TV

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Breaking Bad on AMC

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion TV Breaking Bad on AMC

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 525 total)
  • Author

Graybeak
    Participant

Argh. It is killing me not reading through this thread. I just zoomed to the bottom of this page to post.
    I just finished season 4 on Netflix, and I want to see what everyone else is saying on these 24 pages of posts, but don’t want to see any horrible spoilers.

Soon, I will be able to catch up here…

Jman4ever
    Participant

George RR Martin on the last episode. (paraphrased)

Walter White is worse than anyone in Westeros.

I will have to do something about that.

murfmurphy
    murfmurphy
    Participant

Jman4ever said:
    George RR Martin on the last episode. (paraphrased)

Walter White is worse than anyone in Westeros.

I will have to do something about that.

I think Tywin is the closest thing Game of Thrones has to Walter White. Ruthless to protect what he has built, but doing so under the guise of leaving it for his family.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Angry ‘Breaking Bad’ Fan Sues “Deceptive” Apple Over iTunes Season Pass:

http://www.deadline.com/2013/09/angry-breaking-bad-fan-sues-deceptive-apple-over-itunes-season-pass/

Jman4ever
    Participant

murfmurphy said:
    I think Tywin is the closest thing Game of Thrones has to Walter White. Ruthless to protect what he has built, but doing so under the guise of leaving it for his family.

From an io9 poster….

Walter White is Tywin Lannister. Consider:

Both men have amassed great wealth.

Both men have handicapped sons

Both men are in the Empire business.

Both are primarily concerned with family, legacy and reputation.

Both men are relentlessly tenacious in the pursuit of their goals, even at the expense of their aforementioned concerns.

Both men can arrange to have a dozen people killed in under two minutes.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Jman4ever said:
    Both men can arrange to have a dozen people killed in under two minutes.

Ha! Perfect! ;)

roy
    Participant

C’mon Core, Walker, Ro, Chaptal: Recap!

chaptal
    Participant

Mostly I’m just thinking Jesse is having a very bad year. Also that Walt is barely healthy enough to walk to the gate at the cabin, but is well enough to drive cross country, avoid the police and come home to some heavy confrontations on many different fronts.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

roy said:
    C’mon Core, Walker, Ro, Chaptal: Recap!

Loved it, all of it. The rebirth of Heisenberg at the finish particularly.

Todd is one of the most interesting characters on television. Serial killer level psychopath with the innocence of a child.

Chap, I don’t think Walt’s health was stopping him as much as the fact he’d given up. That interview was enough to relight his spark.

I was really expecting him to catch a story in the paper about the killing of Jesse’s Girl and put two and two together, but that interview worked WAY better (including the information that the meth was still flowing).

roy
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    Loved it, all of it. The rebirth of Heisenberg at the finish particularly.

Todd is one of the most interesting characters on television. Serial killer level psychopath with the innocence of a child.

Chap, I don’t think Walt’s health was stopping him as much as the fact he’d given up. That interview was enough to relight his spark.

I was really expecting him to catch a story in the paper about the killing of Jesse’s Girl and put two and two together, but that interview worked WAY better (including the information that the meth was still flowing).

At The James et al they often add steroids to IV chemo and the treated person can actually feel their best that day or the second. But Walt’s homemade chemo no doubt lacked the ‘up’ stuff and he’d have been *really* sick, it’s these implausible things that bug me about TV, even great TV like BB.

Dumb little Todd wore his Sunday best to ‘meet’ for soy decaf stevia lattes and evidently believes he has a chance with the bitchy evil Lydia, wonder if they’ll leave that hanging or if she’ll rebuff him and get shot between the eyes…

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Speaking of those little implausible things, WTF is up with Jesse building his makeshift ladder in the middle of the room instead of against a goddam wall?!?

bayrea
    Participant

I want to see Todd and Lydia be the sole survivors of the mayhem. Then they hook up, get married and live happily ever after with their millions of dollars and profitable European Meth market. Spinnoff???

bayrea
    Participant

Top Chef – Albequerque

SusanB
    Participant

Chemo is weird. And everyone responds differently to it. Some folks breeze through and some people get deathly ill. And when people get ill from it varies as well. Still sucks though.

RedStorm
    Participant

So, what’s up with Huell? Is he still just “waiting” for Hank and Gomie? For months? I mean, come on. You can’t scare him into ratting out Saul and Walt and then just have him sit there forever, right?

Some of the timeline hasn’t been consistent – supposedly it’s taken place from 2008-2010, yet no one has a smartphone? Really, bringing in millions and still using a flip phone in 2010? Also, the Bin Laden reference was a massive failure since that didn’t occur until 2011. Jesse also I believe played a game that came out in 2011. That’s what happens when you try to keep the story in such a distinct time frame.

Details aside, I can’t wait for the 29th. I knew Gray Matters had to come back up as we never got that full story.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 525 total)

The forum ‘TV’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: