Our City Online

Messageboard - TV

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Breaking Bad on AMC

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion TV Breaking Bad on AMC

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 525 total)
  • Author

Roland
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    Attempt to save Jesse for some tiny scrap of redemption?

I suppose that’s possible.

Or the aryan mafia goes after Marie after learning about the existence of Jesse’s confession tape, Walt learns this and must act since they’ll never stop coming after her.

Or. Having Jesse cooking their meth doesn’t work out and they need decide to coerce Walt somehow into cooking again. Without the quality product, they lose their big European buyer.

Or. Ted Beneke’s robo neck brace takes over and Ted goes all robocop. Forcing Walt out of hiding with the big guns.

Thinking about it more, Walt coming back to save Jesse may be the only act of redemption he has left. So maybe that’s more possible than I first thought.

Roland
    Participant

double

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Roland said:

Thinking about it more, Walt coming back to save Jesse may be the only act of redemption he has left. So maybe that’s more possible than I first thought.

Of course, being Breaking Bad, maybe he’s just upset they didn’t kill Jesse and kept him around to cook…so he’s coming to finish the job.

chaptal
    Participant

Going back to the first episode after the season break – There has to be some battle at the White house. Heisenberg was tagged on the living room wall, the neighbor drops her groceries when Walt shows up to get the ricin. And Walt has that big gun, who does he use that on? Going to be tense!

Nicholas Herum
    Participant

Hank can now become what he loved… a mineral.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Walker said:
    As soon as those trucks came into view I assumed that Hank, Jesse and Gomez are all dead.

I got two out of three! (Not sure I should be happy about that.) Anyway, glad Hank got to go out with his head held high, telling the nazis to go fuck themselves. Yeah Hank!

Super tense episode. The beginning was a nice little break in the gun battle with a flashback to the old days (first ever cook?). The reference to Holly on the phone seemed like some important foreshadowing, so it wasn’t too surprising to see Walt snatch her away at the end. No idea where he was going with that at first.

I agree with Core/Roland’s thoughts on Walt’s phone conversation being his way of putting all blame on himself so that his family could get off without too many problems. And yeah, Skylar realized what Walt was doing. Which is why she gave a very sincere sounding “sorry” after Walt got all demonic on the phone with her. He’s too smart to think there weren’t actually police on the line. Hopefully Skylar had embezzled enough money for them to live comfortable for awhile. ;)

Which makes me wonder if that was his plan all along as he rolled out of the desert, or if he really thought for a minute that he could convince his entire family to pack up and disappear on a moment’s notice. He seemed pretty insistent on that plan (enough to go through a super intense knife fight with his wife!) so maybe he did think it was a viable option. Also… loved all of the Flynn moments (don’t think he’ll ever refer to himself as Walt Jr ever again) calling his mom and dad lying sacks of shit.

I need to read some recaps and dive deeper into this episode a bit, because I feel like there were a few things I only half picked up on that probably had a deeper meaning. Marie wearing black (not purple!) at the car wash. The magical indian friend that Walt bought the truck from in the desert (that’s got to at least be some sort of classic film reference or two). The scrawny stray dog that crossed the road as Walt rode off into the sunset (a last second nod to Jesse who was left behind).

Good stuff. I love this show.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Two cool moments I didn’t pick up on (the pants! the shot of walt mimicking a previous shot of gus!) mentioned here:

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Breaking-Bad-Easter-Eggs-Behind-Scenes-Shots-From-Ozymandias-59135.html

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Great portion of a great recap:

This is the ugliness at the heart of this story, the heart of darkness. Everything from here on out is just filling in the blanks (and I have no doubt that those blanks will be filled in skillfully in the next two episodes). But this is the terminus, the destination, the place we have been waiting to arrive at. This is the face of evil — evil that masquerades as everything else under the sun, evil that brings on the kind of decay Shelley wrote about.

FROM HERE: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/maureen-ryan/breaking-bad-ozymandias_b_3931402.html

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

One other thing…

HOLY SHIT!

Uncle Jack = Danny Pickett from LOST? Had no idea!

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Danny_Pickett

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I think the stray dog at the end was just that, Walt the stray dog.

Jesse was the rabid dog (who’s now chained up in the basement on a leash), Gale was the problem dog.

murfmurphy
    murfmurphy
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    I think the stray dog at the end was just that, Walt the stray dog.

Jesse was the rabid dog (who’s now chained up in the basement on a leash), Gale was the problem dog.

Without a doubt Walt is now the stray dog. He’s out on his own with no family and no other support but himself.

The Holly scene nearly drove my wife upstairs to grab out daughter and cuddle her with all of her might.

I seem to remember hearing Vince Gilligan say that this was the best episode of the season, but I could be wrong. In my opinion it’s possibly the best episode of the series and one of the most heartbreaking things I have ever seen.

TaraK
    Participant

The phone call scene … ooof. I just imagined Skylar’s realizations during that:

He’s protecting me.
    He’s protecting us.
    He’s not protecting himself.
    He’s not going to get through this.
    Jail? No, he’s not going to live through this.
    Hank’s dead.
    I’ll never see Walt again.

Man, such phenomenal acting. i really love the show for how it shows human pain — it doessn’t beautify the crying scenes or grossly exaggerate them; it just poignantly captures hurt, despair, and loss of hope.

And it’s not afraid of Ugly Cry.

goldenidea
    Participant

In my opinion it’s possibly the best episode of the series and one of the most heartbreaking things I have ever seen.

It was indeed a head-spinning, jaw-dropping episode; some of the best drama I’ve viewed. In addition to all insights cited above, in a matter of minutes, both sides of Walt come into play. First he’s pleading for Hank’s life, so much so he even offers to buy it with every cent of wealth he has sold his soul to amass. Then he’s so struck with grief and remorse he goes catatonic. Then minutes later he back on his feet swinging to the dark side approving and encouraging the death of Jesse, his former confidant and son. Unbridled love, grief, and remorse, followed by vengefulness and hate; heavy stuff! The story line continues with Skyler and Flynn go through similar extreme transformations. WHEW! Really amazing writing and acting.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

murfmurphy said:
    He’s out on his own with no family and no other support but himself.

Himself + 11 million dollars – relocation fee. ;)

goldenidea
    Participant

It was nice to see him jump on the “magic bus”.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 525 total)

The forum ‘TV’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: