Our City Online

Messageboard - TV

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Breaking Bad on AMC

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion TV Breaking Bad on AMC

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 525 total)
  • Author

I was thrilled with AMC’s original series Mad Men last year, and it looks like they’ve hit it out of the park again with their new series Breaking Bad. Bryan Cranston (Malcolm In the Middle) plays a middle aged teacher who faces down his own mortality by becoming the best “cook” of crystal meth in the state.

This show is good! Like HBO good. Is anyone else catching it?

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Horse Chestnut wrote I was thrilled with AMC’s original series Mad Men last year, and it looks like they’ve hit it out of the park again with their new series Breaking Bad. Bryan Cranston (Malcolm In the Middle) plays a middle aged teacher who faces down his own mortality by becoming the best “cook” of crystal meth in the state.

This show is good! Like HBO good. Is anyone else catching it?

:shock:

Time/Day???

Second episode tonight at 10:00, on AMC.

(Say “hey” to Bugsy!)

Ndcent

I’ve seen both episodes. While I like the story, I don’t really care for the acting. That Bryan Cranston doens’t fit the role and his student/dealer kid is obnoxious.

I want to like it, but it’s just not very good.

Ltrgman

The pilot episode was pretty good and that’s what got me hooked to this show. The second episode was ok. I’m gonna reserve my judgment until I see a couple more episodes, but this show has potential.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Just finished the pilot, really liked it and will be sticking with it a while for sure!

p.s. Anyone know the deal with the “fucks” and “boobs” included that were then edited out? Was this originally an HBO or Showtime pilot?

somertimeoh
    Participant

Did you find the pilot in one of your sneaky online ways? it doesn’t re-air until Sunday and I don’t want to watch the 2nd one until I see the pilot.

I tried to find information about the editing, but it looks like AMC ordered the pilot. Maybe it depends on what time it’s aired??

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

somertimeoh wrote Did you find the pilot in one of your sneaky online ways? it doesn’t re-air until Sunday and I don’t want to watch the 2nd one until I see the pilot.

I tried to find information about the editing, but it looks like AMC ordered the pilot. Maybe it depends on what time it’s aired??

sneaky is the only way to go ;)

somertimeoh
    Participant

It has become my new ambition to be as fully hooked up as you so I never have to leave my house to be entertained ;)

Watched the first two. I’m kinda into it. i feel like it’s trying a little too hard though. I feel like I’ve seen it all before. Kinda like Weeds, Soprano’s, with a little Six Feet Under.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Episode 3=VERY intense. Really emotionally charged, with the decision Walter has to make.

One of the better shows on TV right now I think.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

BTW, last night’s episode was really good…but most importantly I remembered where I knew the dad from other than Malcolm in the Middle…

Tim Whatley, DDS

Ndcent

I retract my earlier statement. This show is getting good.

somertimeoh
    Participant

I really liked getting to see Jesse’s (is that his name??) background. I assumed he was some thug kid so it was interesting to see where he really came from.

Also, the coughing is seriously making me think about getting the patch. That’s not hot.

sheyanicole wrote Watched the first two. I’m kinda into it. i feel like it’s trying a little too hard though. I feel like I’ve seen it all before. Kinda like Weeds, Soprano’s, with a little Six Feet Under.

I liked all of those shows so I’m enjoying it. I wish there was at least one likable character tho.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 525 total)

The forum ‘TV’ is closed to new topics and replies.