Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Car Break-Ins in Italian Village

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Car Break-Ins in Italian Village

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

bpete
    Participant

My car was broken into between 6 and 8pm last week parked on the street in front of St James Tavern and Fox in the Snow on N Fourth Street. A friend reported that three cars in a row were broken into last night, all before 9pm. There were multiple small piles of broken glass along the road there last week, and I have to imagine there are even more now. Just a heads up for anyone considering parking on that stretch of Fourth, do not leave anything visible in your car. And even then, maybe park elsewhere.

bayrea
    Participant

Break ins to both cars and homes have been really bad the last 2 weeks. Check the IV and Short North Block Watch pages on facebook for more info.

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

When I was going home around 11:30 on Wednesday night, police had 4th St. blocked off at 1st Avenue, and there was some cops and a firetruck down in front of Little Rock Bar. I couldn’t find any news on it. Anyone heard anything?

derm
    derm
    Participant

Was noted as well in the parking garage at Grandview Yard.

This is not normally the season for it honestly. In the nice weather, while my truck will not get a window smashed, if I dont lock it, on generally any given day it will have been opened and searched for treasure.

Mike88
    Participant

Break ins to both cars and homes have been really bad the last 2 weeks. Check the IV and Short North Block Watch pages on facebook for more info.

THIS

The same MO every time on the home break in’s.
    -A kicked in back or side door
    -A TV and other easy to grab items stolen
    -House left wide open, animals getting lost

It’s insane how many break ins have been happening and how little action seems to be being done to stop it. I got my security cameras rolling for when I’m not there, and the Remington for when I am, but after one of my old neighbors stopped these guys in progress you’d think the police could use the descriptions to keep an eye out.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Was noted as well in the parking garage at Grandview Yard.

I’m not a fan of this.

patient_zero
    Participant

I saw the broken glass. Though I wanted to stop at Seventh Son tonight, I headed to Studio 35 for a pint instead.

While I care for my belongings, I care more for my felines. If someone kicked in my door and I lost my cats I would be out for blood!

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

Security cameras and alarm system is the way to go in the city. Petty crooks will always hit the easy targets. Generally when you get a rash of crimes in a short span in an area it’s the same person/people. Most likely a couple of heroin addicts who have finally lost their job and are trying to get their $20 for the day.

SusanB
    Participant

We put a security door on the back door for this very reason. We also have a large mean looking dog that everyone in the neighborhood sees me walk. The thing about vehicles is you just cannot leave ANYTHING in them ever.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: