Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Bravo Cucina coming to Lennox

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Bravo Cucina coming to Lennox

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

maveric1
    Participant

Taking over Baja Sol space.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/business/stories/2010/09/14/no-stopping-her.html?sid=101

“Bravo Cucina Italiana is taking over the former Baja Sol Cantina location in Lennox Town Center. The 200-seat restaurant is scheduled to open by the end of the year.”

Lakee911
    Participant

Cool! :) My fave non-authentic Italian place.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

We were just talking about what could go there. This is a good addition IMO.

Oak
    Participant

Baja Sol was terrible anyway. Who wanted half-assed tex-mex when you can go have fulled assed tex-mex at El Vaquero just down the road? At least Bravo Cucina Italiana doesn’t have bad commercials that make me want to spoon the eyeballs out of my head (I’m talking to you Olive Garden).

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Bravo Brio Restaurant Group comes home with Lennox lease
    BUSINESS FIRST OF COLUMBUS – BY Dan Eaton
    Friday, September 24, 2010

Bravo Brio Restaurant Group is readying the building at 1803 Olentangy River Road for a Bravo Cucina Italiana, the first restaurant in years the company will add in its hometown. It will fill the space vacated by Baja Sol Cantina, a Minnesota-based chain that came to Central Ohio in 2008, opened four restaurants, then bolted from the area less than two years later as part of a retrenchment.

READ MORE: http://columbus.bizjournals.com/columbus/stories/2010/09/27/story5.html

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Oak wrote >>
    Baja Sol was terrible anyway. Who wanted half-assed tex-mex when you can go have fulled assed tex-mex at El Vaquero just down the road? At least Bravo Cucina Italiana doesn’t have bad commercials that make me want to spoon the eyeballs out of my head (I’m talking to you Olive Garden).

I really have to disagree. We’ve never had a bad meal there (all were quite good) and they were one of the few restaurants that actually had an extensive gluten free selection. Bravo is nice but it’s one of those places where you ask what is gluten free and the server walks back to the kitchen and says “do we have anything for a glutton?”

dashinhilliard
    Participant

EEK! Baja Sol made me wish for Don Pablo’s or ChiChi’s – restauranteurs from Minnesota didn’t know Mexican, in this case, at all.

gramarye
    Participant

I’ve only been to Bravo twice ever, but I think it will probably draw a decent crowd at Lennox. Of the two concepts that company operates, I like Brio better, but Bravo is going to be a safe, upper-midrange chain choice for a lot of consumers looking for something reasonably familiar (which is of course most of the demographic that goes to Lennox, student and otherwise).

Trixie
    Participant

I really have to disagree. We’ve never had a bad meal there (all were quite good) and they were one of the few restaurants that actually had an extensive gluten free selection. Bravo is nice but it’s one of those places where you ask what is gluten free and the server walks back to the kitchen and says “do we have anything for a glutton?”

Restaurant industry workers should not be nutritionists and know on the fly the ingredients of everything on the menu.

I’m love Bravo! Can’t wait.

groundrules
    Participant

Trixie wrote >>

Restaurant industry workers should not be nutritionists and know on the fly the ingredients of everything on the menu.

fixed.

Baja Sol was terrible – and I won’t miss it! I never liked the idea of parading my but back & forth to the salsa bar in front of 100 people over a concrete floor, “clicky clack” the whole way there with my heels. Whoever thought of that idea doesn’t understand today’s consumer.

placebohigh
    Participant

Great point. Baja Sol was never very good and the salsa bar was an awful idea.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Don Pablos = Bad. Baja Sol = Bad.

Glad to see something decent go into that space.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

New Bravo is biggest

Tuesday, February 1, 2011 02:52 AM
    BY DENISE TROWBRIDGE
    FOR THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

On Feb. 9, Columbus-based Bravo Brio Restaurant Group is scheduled to open its first Bravo restaurant in central Ohio since 1995, at 1803 Olentangy River Rd. in the Lennox Town Center.

The new Bravo is the chain’s largest. At 9,500 square feet, it has seating for 249 in its two-story interior, as well as room for 70 more on the first-floor patio and outdoor terrace on the second floor. The new Bravo also has a private dining room that can seat 80. It will employ 120.

READ MORE: http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/business/stories/2011/02/01/new-bravo-is-biggest.html?sid=101

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

The outdoor area looks nice. But from driving by it looks like the seating is right up against Olentangy River rd. Hopefully it’s further away than it looks, because I can’t think that would be very pleasant.

I am sure this place will do well. Maybe slow in the summer, but packed the rest of the year I would guess.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: