Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Boyfriend's BUI (buying under the influence)

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Boyfriend's BUI (buying under the influence)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author

tourist19
    Participant

Rockmastermike said:
    meh. it aint so bad.

but i do want one of those leakfrogs if the price is right.

J bought me an excessive amount of leakfrogs after the great basement flood of this winter. Let me ask him how much he wants for one.

Graybeak
    Participant

As a full drinker of the woot kool-aid, (87 woots) I don’t really think it is is that they aim at inebriated shoppers. The switching items at midnight (1AM our time) may mean some people are drunk, but that is a side effect.
    A woot off occurs all day, so no drunk excuse there, well, except for a couple people I know.
    But, I do feel since they were purchased by amazon, their amazingness has gone sadly downhill.
    From “One Deal a Day” to 10 separate pages with multiple amazon overstocks on each page is just too much. The $5 shipping is quite handy though.

OK, I’m done.

Graybeak
    Participant

Oh yeah, and I did pick up one of those Vita-mix 5200’s during the Woot-off. It was delivered yesterday.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

tourist19 said:
    J bought me an excessive amount of leakfrogs after the great basement flood of this winter. Let me ask him how much he wants for one.

cool, thanks. I was going to just build a cheap water alarm but if i can get something like that for reasonable coin I’de rather do that.

murfmurphy
    murfmurphy
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    I save my tears for important stuff, like watching Rudy for the 38th time.

“HE’S SO LITTLE!!”

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

What is woot?

Graybeak
    Participant

Graybeak
    Participant

I find their job postings amusing.
    Work for Woot

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

murfmurphy said:
    “HE’S SO LITTLE!!”

And, for the record, that’s almost the exact spot (well, one of them).

GCrites80s
    Participant

M.O. said:
    (I once sold a $12 set of walkie-talkies for $68 because two gotta-be-drunk-guys got in a bidding war).

Ahahaaha, you know they were like “duuuuuude, walkie-talkies are going to kick ASS! we’re going to be talking to each other like the Dukes of Hazzard! ‘Alright, Bo this is Crazy Cooooooter comin atcha! you got your ears on?’ woooo!

groundrules
    Participant

Snarf said:
    What is woot?

I’ve just learned that it’s basically a shitty groupon goods thing. AKA overstock.com

EDIT: but maybe I’m not drunk enough. yet. check back in a few..

Graybeak
    Participant

groundrules said:
    I’ve just learned that it’s basically a shitty groupon goods thing. AKA overstock.com

EDIT: but maybe I’m not drunk enough. yet. check back in a few..

No. No. no.
    Woot is the original deal a day website. All others that have come since have emulated woot.
    Originally, it was good and pure. And then Amazon purchased it and it went to hell.

Graybeak
    Participant

Hey there RMM, not sure if you are still looking for leak frogs, but they are back for a limited time only!

Leak frog Two Pack

groundrules
    Participant

steepandcheap.com for the outdoor crowd.

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: