Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Boyfriend's BUI (buying under the influence)

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Boyfriend's BUI (buying under the influence)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author

RhondaH

My BF works a couple of jobs and sometimes gets home late and has a few adult beverages. Unfortunately he plants himself in front of the laptop and starts ‘chardonnay shopping’. I am guessing there must have been a Woot Off last week as there is a pile of boxes on the porch.

I know millennials aren’t supposed to be ‘buying stuff’ according to the media but they need to look in our closets and basement. Last time I opened a box to find 4 leak frogs (wtf?) and a screaming monkey doll. We aren’t going broke or anything, but I know the UPS guy’s name and partial life story. Looks like I’ll need to find the box cutter.

I am alone in this?

http://home.woot.com/offers/leakfrog-water-leak-alarm-2-pack-13

51mdWvi714L.jpg

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

My husband is susceptible to Woot Offs and Woot Shirt. For a minute I felt like there was a new t-shirt in our mailbox every week. He has trimmed back after I got him a closet organizer that does a better job of visually showing how many shirts he owns, but I know the desire is still lurking below the surface. It’s even spilled over to buying me shirts, which I like, but I’m not really much of a t-shirt kinda girl.

Fab is my vice and its equally as bad.

derm
    derm
    Participant

My wife would sympathize with you on this.

myliftkk
    Participant

Sounds like some people needs a channel blocker for the web, or a tougher captcha puzzle they can’t solve while drinking.

joev
    Participant

Or a financial adviser.

bucki12

Or a keyboard breathalyzer.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

bucki12 said:
    Or a keyboard breathalyzer.

Sounds like a great item to buy/order online! Post link plz!

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

My fortune is made, I’ll write a sobriety-test app where you have to close your eyes and touch the center of the screen to your nose.

Josh_W
    Participant

I have a tub of “emergency backup gifts” from Woot in the attic.

ricospaz
    Participant

I sometimes buy stupid stuff after a couple beverages too. Usually Amazon or Woot.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

Can’t offer any useful suggestions about the impulse buying other than to suggest that doing dumb things after drinking is a good reason to curtail one’s drinking.

But, I wouldn’t mind getting one of those leakfrogs out of your closet for you.

Think he’d be willing to part with it for $10? I have a spot on the basement floor I’ve been wanting to keep better track of during the rainy season.

Roland
    Participant

I am proud of myself for not buying the Vitamix blender that was on Woot last week.

Twixlen
    Participant

My vice is Amazon, and it’s usually more to do with middle-of-the-night decision-making breakdowns. I’ve gotten a lot better at it, once I realized what the pattern was.

I will say I have some stellar camping supplies.

bayrea
    Participant

I do this on Amazon a lot. I have Amazon prime so shipping is free which makes it even more tempting. I just bought an ear/nose hair trimmer and it works great!

gramarye
    Participant

I have Amazon Prime and have more than a few Woots to my name as well (and, of course, Woot sold out to Amazon a while back, so it’s all the same now …).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: