Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Boycott Skully's; Forget BP

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Boycott Skully’s; Forget BP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 106 through 117 (of 117 total)
  • Author

snicky
    Participant

They should close at 9PM from now on. And institute a strict dress code requiring tuxedo dickies and spats.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Actually, I think the bars should be open til at least 4 a.m. Have any of you ever seen the amount of people outside the bars at 2 a.m.? Holy crap that’s a lot of potential business lost. And would someone please open a 24 hour diner for crying out loud. I can’t take one more piece of steetmeat for the life of me.

Rastapasta

jpizzow wrote >>
    Actually, I think the bars should be open til at least 4 a.m. Have any of you ever seen the amount of people outside the bars at 2 a.m.? Holy crap that’s a lot of potential business lost. And would someone please open a 24 hour diner for crying out loud. I can’t take one more piece of steetmeat for the life of me.

I agree, closing bars at 2 is ridiculous. My friends and I make weekend trips to places like Chicago every month because the bars are open till 5. It’s really hard to have a good time when you’re getting kicked out at 2 — to the point I don’t even feel it’s worth going out. If I was from out of state and looking for a mini vacation + party with friends, I’d never consider coming here.

blammo
    Participant

blammo wrote >>
    I’ve ended many an evening at the Treehouse with the bartenders (who are friends of mine and just about everyone else in there) yelling “GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE” at the top of their lungs to me and all the other hangers-on. Seems like the standard language for getting the message out.
    I’m not a fan of someone getting physical though and shoving me out. The Treehouse doesn’t employ anyone remotely considered to be a “bouncer” either. Those guys tend to fall squarely in the “people not like me” category.

haha. True, true. I remember talking about how weekend crowds with the regulars being outnumbered seeming weird and Fridays particularly being for young amateurs when all of a sudden Joe yells, “Phil!” and thinking, “Holy hell, how are these guys gonna get this guy out?” and helping Joe and Phil get some poor young scrappy, confused kid on a ton of mushrooms outside and calmed down before destroying the entire Treehouse. It’s pretty sad when I’m the Treehouse “bouncer”.

blammo
    Participant

thanks for not logging me out before posting, Woosley.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

blammo wrote >>

I thought that story sounded familiar… :)

thefiercelime
    Participant

blammo wrote >>

My secret is out: I am an a/v guru.

“Several years ago, several US state attorneys general began active investigations of companies who produced and sold caffeinated alcohol beverages on the grounds that they may be engaging in misleading marketing[1] and concerned that these drinks could pose health risks masking feelings of intoxication”.

suebee

OK, I’m 7 months late reading this thread, but I would LOVE to put in my 2 cents worth. I went to Skully’s with my husband to see a show. It wasn’t super crowded. I went to the bar and ordered 2 beers. The female wait staff was rude but delivered the beers. The bill came to $6.50. I gave her a $10. I waited for my change. It never came. I kept waiting. She looked over and asked, “Oh, do you want your change?” I said, “Yeah.” She said, “Aren’t you going to tip?” I said, “Isn’t that for me to decide?” She grabbed $3.50 and threw it at me. I then said, “No, I guess I’m not going to tip.”

I really hate that place. I’m a musician in town, have played there a couple times, and not only does it have NO vibe, it has NEGATIVE vibe. I’ve seen some great shows there but there is a pervading cloud that hangs over that place, making it just a little….skanky and depressing.

Cats With Thumbs
    Participant

Yeah, I just saw this for the first time too and almost hesitate to comment, but I find some of the comments on this thread more than a little off-putting. There were several valid points marred by heavy doses of acidity and seemingly personal vendetta. The service does kinda suck there, although I’ve never been treated with that degree of hostility, drunk as I may have been. Had I have experienced that level of rudeness though, I’da been pissed.

enigmaco
    Participant

I use to be a bouncer at skullys, and the drunks idiots that would come through was a trip. I had to quit because it was conflicting with my other job, but being a bouncer isn’t always easy. I remember ladies 80’s I dreaded that night, the place would look like a cyclone hit it. Then there was the fun job of ushering all the drunks out. Being nice sometimes doesn’t get a persons attention, but be a dick and you have their full attention.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I can certainly understand how the cheesy dim red and leopard print atmosphere would inspire me to drink heavily and become agitated.

eatsyou

Snarf wrote >>
    I can certainly understand how the cheesy dim red and leopard print atmosphere would inspire me to drink heavily and become agitated.

Viewing 12 posts - 106 through 117 (of 117 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.