Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Boycott Skully's; Forget BP

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Boycott Skully’s; Forget BP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 117 total)
  • Author

“Cheezy hell on earth” Burn in the flames!!!

chrisat4th

As anyone who works with the public has to agree, the public kind of sucks, and the drunk public is particularly annoying. Skully can be rude, but you have got to cut the guy some slack – he has been dealing with drunken pests for something like two decades now, and that has to wear on you.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

chrisat4th wrote >>
    As anyone who works with the public has to agree, the public kind of sucks, and the drunk public is particularly annoying. Skully can be rude, but you have got to cut the guy some slack – he has been dealing with drunken pests for something like two decades now, and that has to wear on you.

you make it sound like he does it because he has to.

alienating your paying customers because you’ve “put up” with lots of “stuff” over the years is a pathetic excuse.

anywho, drunks will be drunkie.

Wow! everyone is going to make this Sh*t music venue even more popular! Any buzz is good buzz. Under different ownership the inferno could be a great place for live music and more!

melikecheese
    Participant

I don’t know what to think of it, this guys always complaining about everything anyway so was it really that bad or is this just more of the same?

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

melikecheese wrote >>
    I don’t know what to think of it, this guys always complaining about everything anyway so was it really that bad or is this just more of the same?

Exactly. Those were the giant grains of salt to which I was referring. I just don’t give a ton of creedence to an assesment of a situation from someone that’s taken pissing, moaning, and bitching to a level I never knew possible.
    Especially since he advocates boycotting Skully’s and opting for another Skully’s establishment. Boycott strategery FAIL.

LoudPrincess

Snarf wrote >>

chrisat4th wrote >>

you make it sound like he does it because he has to.
    alienating your paying customers because you’ve “put up” with lots of “stuff” over the years is a pathetic excuse.
    anywho, drunks will be drunkie.

In my experience, the folks who take the slightest offense to bar staff trying to get their jobs done quickly and safely are the same folks who don’t tip bartenders (or threaten not to tip, or brag about how much they WERE willing to tip) and don’t really add much to the atmosphere. Bar employees and management know who the good customers are, and treat them as such. I’m pretty sure Skully’s has a loyal following of folks who behave themselves, and the staff treats them with a little more respect.

I’ll admit that GTFO is not my favorite phrase to close a bar, but sometimes people don’t take a hint. I’ve had to go so far as to physically walk people to the door and quickly lock it before they tried to worm back in. There are a lot of people who don’t consider “Last Call”, or “Let’s go! Finish your drinks!” as a directive, but a suggestion for everyone else but them.

Trixie
    Participant

Did I really just read through this whole thread? There is NEVER a need for pushing and shoving to get patrons out of the bar. However, sometimes you have to be firm vocally to get them out. I have never used the F word to clear out a bar but have I been mean? Yes. Drunks at 2:30 in the morning can be shitty. It’s no fun when you are sober and trying to herd out the masses who refuse to stop having fun.

Patch
    Participant

I guess I don’t understand why the bouncer was telling him to GTFO while the band was still playing.

If the bouncers wanted everyone to leave, why not just tell the band to stop playing and then tell people to GTFU.

How are they supposed to know to leave if the entertainment is still going on?

JonMyers
    Participant

Trixie, I agree pushing and shoving is a different matter than telling people to GTFO.

That said, I can’t discern the order of events in the rambling review, but if you’re arguing with a bouncer about whether or not their closed and then you begin shoving your middle finger in their face they’re going to physically remove you.

It also begs the question of how much physical force is used when showing a belligerent drunk the door.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

-sound of crickets-

Klablut

Trixie wrote >>
    Did I really just read through this whole thread? There is NEVER a need for pushing and shoving to get patrons out of the bar.

Exactly the point. And at least one other poster has had a similar experience with shoving and another with rudeness. I have no allegiance to or anything against this establishment but it seems many do on here and want to belittle his experience for whatever reason. Drinking in a bar?!? How dare he – you must have been drunk and asked for it.

thefiercelime
    Participant

JonMyers wrote >>
    I’ve closed down plenty of Columbus bars.
    At every bar I’ve closed down the staff is urging people to have their drinks finished and moving towards the door at 2AM. All drinking must cease at 2AM.
    I wish bars closed at 2:30.
    If it’s a bar that is under the eye of liquor control who are constantly trying to trip them up so they can be shut down then having a no bullshit policy with a self proclaimed “quasi hipster” who feels entitled to sneak one in under the buzzer is even more pertinent.
    I would have told him to get the fuck out.

Say what? I’ve been drinking in this town for 20 years. The general trend has always been to start pulling them a little after 2am or by 2:15am and done by 2:30am. Then they lock the doors and I leave by 4am. Haha. Seriously, though, where the heck have you been drinking? Sure, some places start at 2am, and that’s their perogative, but, this has not been the norm in Columbus for me.

Then again, I’m an alien, so you win (kind of-drinking doesn’t cease at 2am- that’s last call):

Wiki says: Ohio – Last call is 2 a.m. statewide, although establishments may acquire licenses that allow them to serve until 2:30 a.m. Store-bought beer & wine sales stop at 1 a.m. Liquor over 40 proof may only be purchased in state-approved stores — sales stop at 10 p.m.

snicky
    Participant

Maybe since it was such a teeny sparse crowd they just wanted to give up and close up? Still, the bar makes the rules.

thefiercelime
    Participant

Yep. They can close at 9pm if they want.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 117 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: