Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Boycott Skully's; Forget BP

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Boycott Skully’s; Forget BP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 117 total)
  • Author

JoeMitchell

JedThorp wrote >>

osulew wrote >>
    And I’ll be at Skully’s Saturday if anyone cares to join. :)

I’ll be the guy at the bar, likely having “Get the fuck out!” screamed in my face. Frankly, at this point, I’ll be disappointed if someone DOESN’T tell me to “get the fuck out!”

Preach it baby, preach it. Go hard or go home.

Cookie

JoeMitchell wrote >>
    Preach it baby, preach it. Go hard or go home get the fuck out, drunkie.

takeasiesta

Didn’t have time to read this thread so not sure if this was mentioned:

Skully’s got cited for serving someone under 21 like last week so they are probably paranoid from that and possibly getting their liquor license taken away.

That doesn’t warrant the unnecessary roughness if it was there, and it was one guy who treated you poorly. How about focusing on getting that guy fired before outright boycotting the entire space?

JoeMitchell

lifeliberty wrote >>
    so a bouncer came up to just you, got in your face, pushed your shoulder and told you to “GET THE FUCK OUT!”?
    I’m not overly sensitive, but that is not good customer service.

Then pull the Ron White routine on them. Call them “scooter”, “honey”, or “sweetie” bouncers love that. Ask them if you can join the bouncer fan club, or if they can give you some pointers on how to become a bouncer. Ask if there is a special gym in town for bouncers only, ask for the secret bouncer password. I could go on and on, I have a talent and fetish for getting my ass kicked.

OP, if someone gives you attitude in other situations do you duck and cover or give the attitude right back?

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

groundrules wrote >>

Rockmastermike wrote >>
    hmm… comparing Skully’s to BP?

No Worries. I think we’ll still be able to hang out with Lew. Saturday they’re calling for thunderstorms.

I bring it rain or shine, yo.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Columbusite wrote >>
    I’ve only been to bars in Toronto, Montreal, Madrid, Barcelona, etc and somehow never experienced anything close. Just saying.

Wait while I put on my “pretending to be impressed face”

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

LoudPrincess wrote >>
    On another note, I had zero idea that Miles had been stabbed! Holy crap! I’ve known him since he was a kid! Glad to know he’s better, but, could somebody please guard that boy?

Here’s the original thread about Miles:
    https://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/miles-%E2%80%9Cmarvin-the-robot%E2%80%9D-curtiss-stabbed

EmZeeGee

Columbusite wrote >>
    I’ve only been to bars in Toronto, Montreal, Madrid, Barcelona, etc and somehow never experienced anything close. Just saying.

Barcelona’s not comparable. They party until dawn, literally. No one’s in a hurry to stop drinking, ever.

NoCowsGo

I was at Skully’s a few weeks ago with a very large group (about 50 people), in the early evening, and the Skully’s bouncers managed to act like such pricks (physically pushing people out of the hallway; loudly and rudely demanding that people move, etc.) that everyone left very quickly, and many people left angry.

I gather that the members of the group were not typical of the type of people who Skully’s bouncers feel are entitled to respect, given that it was a group of young professionals most of whom are clean cut, conventionally dressed, etc. Still, they did manage to kick out a lot of business.

I should note that I personally was not a target of the aggressive behavior, or at least took it with a grain of salt, so I don’t feel personally aggrieved and will doubtless be back at Skully’s for the next good show.

JonMyers
    Participant

EmZeeGee wrote >>

Columbusite wrote >>

Barcelona’s not comparable. They party until dawn, literally. No one’s in a hurry to stop drinking, ever.

Toronto is the same way. The earliest I got home from the bars/ clubs last time I was there was about 4AM.

blammo
    Participant

I’ve ended many an evening at the Treehouse with the bartenders (who are friends of mine and just about everyone else in there) yelling “GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE” at the top of their lungs to me and all the other hangers-on. Seems like the standard language for getting the message out.

I’m not a fan of someone getting physical though and shoving me out. The Treehouse doesn’t employ anyone remotely considered to be a “bouncer” either. Those guys tend to fall squarely in the “people not like me” category.

takeasiesta

NoCowsGo wrote >>
    I was at Skully’s a few weeks ago with a very large group (about 50 people), in the early evening, and the Skully’s bouncers managed to act like such pricks (physically pushing people out of the hallway; loudly and rudely demanding that people move, etc.) that everyone left very quickly, and many people left angry.
    I gather that the members of the group were not typical of the type of people who Skully’s bouncers feel are entitled to respect, given that it was a group of young professionals most of whom are clean cut, conventionally dressed, etc. Still, they did manage to kick out a lot of business.
    I should note that I personally was not a target of the aggressive behavior, or at least took it with a grain of salt, so I don’t feel personally aggrieved and will doubtless be back at Skully’s for the next good show.

Has any of this been expressed to management? If they don’t know about a problem then how are they possibly going to fix it? Email them at [email protected]. That goes for you too Columbusite. Let’s try to be more proactive.

LoudPrincess

takeasiesta wrote Has any of this been expressed to management? If they don’t know about a problem then how are they possibly going to fix it? Email them at [email protected]. That goes for you too Columbusite. Let’s try to be more proactive.

No, no. It’s much more entertaining to whine about it online to people who can’t fix the issue.

LoudPrincess

ChrisSunami wrote Here’s the original thread about Miles:
    https://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/miles-%E2%80%9Cmarvin-the-robot%E2%80%9D-curtiss-stabbed

Thank you for that. I appreciate it. Sent him a little note a bit ago. He says he’s fine, hasn’t been reading the boards much. It’s hard for me to imagine anyone doing something like that to him. I n my head, he’s a sweet, spazzy 15 yr old.

paktinat

EmZeeGee wrote >>

Columbusite wrote >>

I managed to avoid jet lag in Barcelona by simply staying out until the sun came up and sleeping until after siesta

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 117 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION